Do you get energized by meeting new people? Are you a natural and effortless networker and connector?
Reporting to the CEO, the director serves as a key leadership team member. In partnership with the CEO, the director is responsible for all fundraising and development activities, forging new relationships to build RTB’s financial resources. In collaboration with the CEO, the director will design and implement a comprehensive development plan. This plan will include a strategy for expanding and diversifying RTB’s donor base/pipeline and working closely with other team members to secure funding through the solicitation of individual gifts, special events, and corporate and foundation support.
- Support and partner with CEO to design and implement annual and three-year development plans.
- Support and partner with the CEO, development committee and board members on all fundraising initiatives to meet the annual goals of $1.9MM+.
- Lead and manage the development committee goals and strategies.
- Identify and cultivate new donors, sponsors, and foundation opportunities with the capacity for five figure gifts or higher.
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at identifying and cultivating deeper relationships with existing donors and corporate foundations.
- Supervise the Director of Special Events in planning donor stewardship and bi-annual fundraising events.
- Leverage events for fundraising and sponsorships solicitations.
- Write grants and foster relationships with foundation contacts for future grants.
- Monitor and report on the execution of the development plan’s goals.
- Oversee development processes and activities to ensure accurate data and donor records.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop written marketing materials and communicate and align donor interest with initiatives and fundraising priorities.
- Collect and analyze data within our CRM, DonorPerfect, to formulate individualized stewardship plans.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong preference for candidates living in the Twin Cities or Southern California.
- Demonstrated success in securing five and six-figure donations or higher.
- Ability to travel between Minnesota and California.
- Success in cultivating new donors, sponsors, and grants.
- Demonstrated history of planning and successfully meeting fundraising goals with special events.
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Active listener and skillful communicator, able to think strategically to engage prospective donors and solicit gifts, grants, and sponsorship culminating in closures.
- An engaged and energetic fundraiser, who enjoys cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors.
- Demonstrated ability in building and sustaining relationships among donors and prospects.
- Strong ability to work proactively, establish priorities, set objectives, and achieve stated goals.
- The ability to work independently and as a team player, take initiative, and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- Travel to RTB locations in Minnesota and California is required.
- Prepared to meet potential funders during non-traditional working hours (i.e. dinner meetings and weekend events)