Come and join Apple’s growing wireless silicon development team. Our wireless SoC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development, emphasizing highly energy-efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level. All of this is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. If you enjoy a fast-paced and challenging environment, collaborate with people across different functional areas, and thrive during crisis times, we encourage you to apply.
Key QualificationsKey Qualifications
- Knowledge of ASIC design flow, synthesis, logic equivalence, static timing analysis, scripting, and netlist generation.
- Understanding of UPF and low-power design & implementation techniques.
- Hands-on experience in timing/SDC constraints generation, analysis, and management.
- Knowledge of timing corners, operating modes, process variations, and signal integrity-related issues.
- Understanding of Design for Testability.
- Exposure to industry standard Timing, Logic Equivalence, Physical Design and Synthesis tools.
- Knowledge of basic SoC Architecture and HDL languages like Verilog to collaborate with our logic design team for timing fixes and functional ECOs.
- Experience with script-based tool automation and familiarity with API’s and scripting languages such as Perl/Tcl is a plus.
As a Timing Design Engineer you will be involved with all phases of implementing high performance, low power wireless SoCs from RTL to delivery of our final GDSII. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
-Generate chip or block level static timing constraints.
-Synthesize chip and / or block level designs with UPF, DFT and BIST.
-Verify logic equivalence of designs after synthesis.
-Close timing on critical blocks by working with design and PD teams.
-Perform timing optimization and implement the design for functionality.
-Generate and implement functional ECOs.
-Run static timing analysis flows at chip/block level and provide guidelines to fix violations to other designers.
-Participate in establishing/improving CAD and design flow methodologies.
-Work with multi-disciplinary groups to make sure designs are delivered on time and with the highest quality by incorporating proper checks at every stage of the design process.
Education & ExperienceEducation & Experience
BS with 10+ years relevant experience required. MS preferred.
Additional RequirementsAdditional Requirements
Pay & BenefitsPay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $161,700.00 and $284,900.00, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.