ABOUT THE POSITION
Although we're an apparel and footwear-focused company, technology is central to everything we do. Columbia Sportswear’s Digital Technology (CDT) group enables an IT infrastructure and applications across four global brands, a global supply chain, and 500+ geographically dispersed stores. These teams support in-store, mobile, and data platforms to enhance customer interface and service in an ever-evolving industry.
The Digital Product Manager – translates general product vision into specific product features and implements short-term planning through regular road mapping. Prepares and leads refinements and planning within the team. Provides guidance in assessing product opportunities and risks as well as opportunities to increase the product’s business value in alignment with overall business strategy. Leads and serves as the single point of contact for the consumer marketing technology product portfolio ensuring product vision and strategies are realized. Leads each stage of the development process and ensures final product meets strategic goals.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Solutions: Leverage market and competitive insights and current trends to define functional personalization, marketing orchestration, and loyalty solutions. Organizes workshops with product users to discover and validate hypotheses and develops optimal solutions for the product portfolio. Solves complex challenges and problems by offering multiple creative and differentiating solutions. Ensures solutions align with product strategies and are prioritized
- Delivery: Leads larger scale initiatives, ensuring deliverables are on time, on budget, and business needs are met
- Documentation: Identifies documentation needs, articulates, and guides the creation of business process flows, use cases diagrams, user journey mapping, and training documentation
- Objectives & Measurement: Works with cross-functional partners to define product portfolio objectives and key performance indicators to establish consistent measurement of product portfolio success
- Roadmap: Creates and drives the product vision, roadmap, and growth opportunities for the marketing orchestration and personalization portfolio of products. Uses a data-driven approach to consistently redefine priorities of product category. Manages prioritization and trade-offs between consumer experience, performance, operational support, and regulations. Acts as a change agent to drive innovation and digital transformation
- Thought Leadership: Marking orchestration, personalization, and consumer loyalty thought leader with a passion for creating great experiences for consumers and marketers.
- A problem-solver with critical thinking skills
- An excellent presenter, communicator, and collaborator
- Self-starter with proven track record of taking ownership delivering results in ambiguity
- Data and experiment driven
- Highly organized with solid time management and project management skills
- Curious and user focused
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Computer Science or related field or related work experience
- 8+ years’ professional experience
- 3+ years’ building consumer facing personalization, marketing orchestration, or loyalty products
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Previous Product Manager experience including soliciting and writing business requirements and managing a product backlog required
- Agile product lifecycle experience required
- Comprehensive knowledge of Agile development methodologies and IT project management processes
- Experience implementing and supporting CDP platforms
- Knowledge of and exposure to scaled personalization and experience management solutions
- Domain expertise supporting performance marketing teams a plus
- Experience in retail/eCommerce industry a plus
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
Columbia Sportswear is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The Know Your Rights poster is available here: https://www.eeoc.gov/poster The pay transparency policy is available here: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf Columbia Sportswear is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify your recruiter.