As an integral part of product development the Eng. Specialist provides technical applied support to engineering programs, processes and product development. Conducts and ensures accuracy of research and tests of component parts, processes, or systems.
- Collaborating in a team environment performs routine design and supports development of assigned products (e.g. new mechanical or electromechanical components, subsystems, and systems) by applying as directed basic engineering principles.
- Completes defined technical tasks. Develops reports and documentation in response to technical information requests.
- Conducts routine analyses and/or tests to evaluate product designs, methods, materials or processes and completes required technical documentation by applying engineering principles and company standards, and generating reports, procedures, or change proposals as required.
- Provides technical information for review with product engineering and design review teams. Consistently applies established engineering defined practices, standards, and documentation methods. Contributes to supporting documentation for procedures and technical reports.
- Adopts lean product development and standard engineering development and techniques.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, and/or participating in professional associations.
- Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities. Contributes and supports other teams or individuals as needed.
- Minimum 6 years experience in an engineering or science technical support role. Significant related certifications and/or concentrated training is required.
- Significant industry experience in a technical role.
- Fundamental knowledge of mechanical/electrical or software principles, concepts, and techniques.
- Strong knowledge of related products, customer applications, and related legal/regulatory requirements.
- Significant experience using basic engineering design and analysis tools (e.g. computer-aided design programs). Learns and utilizes specialized engineering databases; may require programming skills.
- Develops familiarity with products and customer specifications and standards applicable to assigned product line or system.
- Ability to communicate status of technical tasks and actions taken with clarity and precision.
- Ability to work with general direction and instruction regarding the scope of assignments; determines the priority and order of assignments; and applies judgment in selecting procedures and techniques.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals and reports. Ability to present findings and information in both formal meetings and informally within and across Parker teams
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal (eeoc.gov).
In accordance with Parker’s policies and applicable state laws, Parker provides for a drug-free workplace. Therefore, all applicants seeking employment with Parker will be subject to drug testing as a condition of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person