Are you a technical leader and experienced software engineer who thrives on building and leading teams to solve large, complex problems? Are you passionate about working directly with developers, leaders, and customers to develop innovative technical solutions that deliver quality products and excellent service by employing cutting-edge technologies? Are you always seeking better ways to generate creative concepts and implement them into software systems?
Silverthread is seeking a highly qualified and energetic Technical Project Lead/Senior Software Architect to join our team in Colorado Springs working with one of our largest customers. The Technical Project Lead works directly with Program Managers to lead our software development team in modernizing and modularizing large and complex software systems.
Primarily focused on software engineering and delivery, the Technical Director is involved with delivery on key projects, working directly with customers to identify and deliver on their requirements. Additionally, the Technical Director will work with the executive leadership team to improve organizational practices and processes that enable the development team and benefit the entire company.
This role is responsible for providing expert guidance to the entire software development team. Working with executive leadership team, the Technical Director will translate the company’s strategic vision into action and specific direction for our software products and customer engagements.
In addition to using our CodeMRI® tools, customers have asked Silverthread to provide consulting services to help their team succeed in modernizing their software systems with our tools. In this role you will drive immediate customer opportunities, help us lead research and development efforts, guide customization of our tools to meet customer requirements, and help improve our products by providing guidance to the development team. This position will evolve based on your interests and abilities.
What you will do:
Deliver: Define and implement engineering best-practices that ensure technical delivery excellence to our customers through our software products and engagements.
Influence: Coach, teach, and mentor engineers on our development team to help them in reaching their full potential. Provide exceptional technical advice and consulting to our customers to meet their strategic objectives.
Lead: Directly lead a development team of 5-7 software engineers to develop and deliver exceptional service and products to our customers.
Innovate: Explore new methods and technologies to determine if they fit our needs and the needs of our customers. Consult as an engaging thought leader for our customers to assist them in driving innovative change in their organizations
Architect: Develop and implement recommendations on architectural models for our customers’ systems that are modern, modular, and sustainable into the future. Teach customers’ development teams how to improve the architecture of their codebases.
- U.S. Citizenship
- DoD Top[KC1]Secret Clearance
- MS in Computer Science or comparable discipline or an appropriate combination of education and experience
- 12-15 years of experience as a software engineer developing and maintaining large, complex software systems
- 5+ years leading software development teams in the delivery of quality software products to customers
- Agile development and DevSecOps experience
- Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Leadership and mentoring skills that allow you to professionally develop software engineers while simultaneously delivering for the customer; ability to step in and lead processes as needed
- Ability to jump into the code as an engineer to solve a problem or implement a solution when necessary
- Prior experience as a senior software engineer or product development leadership
- Hands-on experience with complex technical project management
- Python, Java, C++
- Build systems – Ant, Gradle, Maven
- CI/CD Tools
- Coding and scripting abilities (Bash, Powershell, etc.)
- Django/Flask/other python web server MVC
- Amazon Web Services (S3, EC2)
- Atlassian product experience (Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket)
- Familiarity with Agile development processes (sprints/retrospectives)
- A good understanding of the concept of ‘technical debt’, design patterns, refactoring, modularity, etc.
- Experience transforming and improving legacy systems
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado – hybrid on-site/remote
Position Type: Full Time
Silverthread’s unique and systematic approach makes it possible to modernize complex software codebases. Based on 15 years of applied research at MIT and Harvard Business School, our CodeMRI® Suite of tools and services helps organizations turn large, legacy, and monolithic software systems into cleaner modular systems that are agile, easy to understand, enhance, build, test, and deploy. Our approach lets organizations continue normal development in parallel with software application modernization activities. With Silverthread CodeMRI®, software code goes through incremental transformative steps. Issues are identified, fixed, and locked down in priority order – providing incremental business benefits. Ultimately, when using CodeMRI® tools, code will be easier to test, deploy, and customize. If cloud migration is a goal, a modernized codebase ensures an effortless migration to the cloud. Developers will be more productive and fight fewer fires, which means new capabilities will ship faster using our CodeMRI® Suite of tools.
Silverthread is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $130,000.00 - $180,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Colorado Springs, CO: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Software Engineer: 10 years (Required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Colorado Springs, CO