ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Kanopi Studios is a Design, Development & Support Agency with a fully distributed team of people who are experts in Drupal & WordPress.
Our clients have a mission; we design, build and support websites that help their mission thrive.
But we want our employees to thrive as well. Because our team members do great work for great clients, Kanopi works hard to support them in their career as they continue to create a better web.
As a result, our business continues to grow, and so must our team. We’re excited to announce this opportunity to join our team as a Website Business Analyst.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are currently seeking a highly skilled and motivated Website Business Analyst to join our team. As a Website Business Analyst, you will play a critical role in bridging the gap between business needs and technical solutions to successfully deliver web-based projects by understanding and defining requirements, facilitating communication between stakeholders, and ensuring the development solution aligns with business goals.
As a successful Website Business Analyst, you will possess a strong analytical mindset, excellent communication skills, and a deep understanding of web technologies and business processes. You will be data-driven and will use that data to develop and guide a strategy that will be the foundation of the web development solution.
- Requirements Gathering
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to elicit, analyze, and document business requirements for web-based projects.
- Act as liaison between client stakeholders and internal departments to ensure a clear understanding of needs, requirements, and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Collaborate with the strategy team’s research and analysis to understand the business context and objectives, and help to develop a clear and actionable plan for the development team to follow
- Data Analysis
- Review web analytics findings to derive insights and make data-driven recommendations for improving user experience and achieving business goals.
- Review research and data to better understand target audiences.
- Understand and effectively communicate key performance indicators (KPIs) to all parties.
- Identify business-specific user needs that can aid in the creation of development solutions.
- User Experience (UX) Analysis
- Using data gathered in the data analysis stage, ensure that user needs are the guiding principle of the design and development processes.
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers to understand deliverables and plan for their implementation in development..
- Technical Planning
- Facilitate the functional requirements-gathering process by organizing and collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Develop a detailed project plan that outlines functional requirements, backlog tasks and required resources for development.
- Work closely with project managers, the project’s technical lead, and other internal stakeholders to create and maintain project documentation, including backlogs, technical documentation, and other supporting materials.
- Communication and Collaboration
- Facilitate communication between stakeholders and the development team to ensure a clear understanding of project requirements.
- Collaborate with developers, designers, and other stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of a website that is aligned with overall business strategy and goals.
- Monitor the progress of the project, proactively identifying and resolving issues that may arise.
- Quality Assurance
- Support in the creation of test plans to validate that web applications meet specified requirements.
- Work with QA Engineer in the identification and documentation of defects and work with development teams to ensure timely resolution.
- Process Improvement
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency gains in web-related workflows.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to streamline business processes and enhance overall performance.
- Monitor industry trends and best practices so that the web design and development team output is of the best possible standard.
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This is a full-time position. The salary range for this position is $75,400 - $100,426 - the range is broad, but it is commensurate with experience, aligned with current members of our team with similar experience, and may shift a bit depending on your geographic location. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in the US or Canada.
NOW... LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU!
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or related field.
- Proven experience as a Business Analyst in web development projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with Drupal and WordPress.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with web technologies, development methodologies, and project management practices.
- Proficiency in using project management tools and web analytics platforms.
- Knowledge of UX/UI principles and usability testing.
- Bonus: Understanding of the agency sales lifecycle.
- Experience working with open source content management systems like WordPress and Drupal.
- Certification in Business Analysis (e.g., CBAP).
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Familiarity with online marketing concepts.
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
If you think this post was written just for you, here’s what to do next:
Submit your resume. Answer the questions you see here on this page. Send us a cover letter, including your answer to the question below.
About that cover letter… This is VERY important!
Please include all of the typical reasons why you’d be an outstanding candidate for this position, plus answer this question: What is your favorite piece of technology?
Note: We love the innovative use of technology, but we strongly encourage you to minimize your use of ChatGPT (and other AI) when filling out your application. We love R2-D2 as much as the next person, but we are looking for a super special human to fill this position!
Our screening process takes a bit of time, because we like to ensure that you are the perfect fit for us, and we are the perfect fit for you! After we’ve taken a look at your application, we will send you a series of questions that will help us get to know you better. From there, you will engage in several interviews with members of our team, and a skills assessment or two in order to take a look at how you do the things you do! We’ll be happy to explain a bit more once we’re in the interview stage.
Please note - we try to make an effort to contact every applicant to let you know the status of your application, but we are human, so if you don’t hear from us, drop us a line!
We offer a comprehensive range of health, professional, remote workspace, and other fun benefits for all full time US and Canadian employees. For more information, see the benefits section of our careers page.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Kanopi Studios in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No agencies, recruiters or overseas applicants (for consideration, applicants must live in the US or Canada).