Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Peraton is seeking an Entry-level Software Engineer
to join our team supporting the Global Exchange (GEX) Services program which provides data integration capabilities to the DoD and other Federal agencies. The team is based out of Herndon, VA
but this role can be supported 100% remotely
. GEX provides secure communications, data validation, transformation, routing, workflow and application of business rules with a complete end-to-end audit trail between hundreds of DoD systems. Security of data processing is critical, so GEX team members focus on securing systems to achieve Authority to Operation (ATO), data transport encryption and other CyberSecurity activities to ensure all customer data is managed safely and securely
With GEX you will have the opportunity to understand how applications securely communicate and exchange data to accomplish broad customer missions across all aspects of the DoD. You will learn the basics of system security and how to develop and deploy software that is accredited to operate on government networks. You will gain insight into the system and software engineering lifecycle to better understand the general engineering process of implementing an operational system.
- Perform software implementation based on designs provided by the team
- Perform software testing as guided by software team leaders
- Follow Peraton software process per guidance of software team leaders
- Perform troubleshooting of software issues on various system configurations
- Assist with security reviews of application software making changes for successful compliance
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related technical or scientific fields, such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, information technology, management information systems, or related STEM degree program and 0-2 years of experience.
- May/June 2024 grads are welcome to apply.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Java and/or C/C++ software application development
- Familiarity with the Eclipse IDE or related Java build tools and techniques
- Demonstrate problem solving skills in a customer focused environment
- US citizenship is required
Target Salary Range
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Self-starter, self-motivated, adaptable
- Attention to detail, good organizational skills
- Good oral/written communication
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Basic knowledge of system and data transport security
$66,000 - $106,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SCA / Union / Intern Rate or Range
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.
At Peraton, our benefits are designed to help keep you at your best beyond the work you do with us daily. We're fully committed to the growth of our employees. From fully comprehensive medical plans to tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance, and fertility treatment, we are there to support you all the way.
Paid Time-Off and Holidays
Life & Disability Insurance
Tuition Assistance and Student Loan Financing
Paid Parental Leave
Medical, Dental, & Vision Care