Farmers Union Oil Company of Kenmare is a cooperative in Kenmare, ND with additional business locations in Powers Lake, Bowbells and Mohall.
Our NAPA parts store is in Kenmare, ND. Our business operations are Monday through Saturday. Hours of operation may vary dependent upon business needs. We may extend our hours of operations during spring work to support our local farmers.
Our goal is to exceed our customers expectations through the quality service and expertise we provide.
The parts salesperson will sell, distribute and market store items and related products in a manner that will optimize the cooperative’s market share and savings, improve the cooperative’s efficiency, help achieve the cooperative’s mission and goals and result in outstanding customer service. The primary responsibilty will be assisting customers in a helpful and friendly manner.
The counter salesperson’s responsibilities involve sales, service, inventory, maintenance and other duties as assigned by management.
The counter salesperson will maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within the cooperative and a favorable image of the cooperative.
The counter salesperson will actively meet and greet every customer every time. Thank every customer for their business at the end of every transaction. Ask customers if they need any help as they browse the store.
Reports to Parts Department Manager
Sales involves assisting in establishing sales goals, promoting products, making proper recommendations and applications of products sold, knowing prices of products and services, maintaining the current market share, and assisting in developing competitive marketing strategies.
Work with appropriate employees and/or the manager to establish sales goals.
Work with management to assist in marketing products.
Have knowledge of products and make proper recommendations and applications of products sold.
Ensure proper recommendations or installation of products.
Attend all product updates and training sessions
Know prices of products and services
1. Be aware at all times of the cooperative's prices on commodities and services and review with your supervisor as needed to keep abreast of pricing
Maintain current market share
1. Lose no customers due to careless performance
2. Keep all customers supplied with product mix that fulfills customer’s needs
Provide and promote the service necessary to meet the department’s goals.
1. Enforce regulations to ensure an even flow of product to accounts
2. Introduce new products and programs
3. Suggest and detail benefits and features of related products
4. Within authority, handle claims and complaints promptly
5. Follow quality control guidelines to assure maintenance of product specifications
6. Ensure all services provided assist in achieving department profitability
7. Lose no customers due to services provided by the department
Manage inventory levels.
1. Follow the system for monitoring and controlling inventory levels that results in minimal shrinkage
2. Check in-shipments for accuracy against the delivery ticket, proper quantity, price as ordered, and quality
3. Strive to get 3 turns on commodities
4. Clear out obsolete inventories annually
5. Assist in maintaining a fiscal year-end inventory not to exceed 35% of sales
6. Assist in maintaining inventories at levels to assure service with a minimum of delivery delays, yet maintain inventory turn goals
Maintain property, facilities and equipment.
1. Ensure property, facilities and equipment remain in good repair and appearance
2. Make recommendations on replacement, additions, or deletions of facilities and equipment when needed and/or economically justified
3. Maintain a clean and orderly store
4. Arrange seasonal displays
5. Lose no customer due to unsatisfactory equipment performance
6. Wear a clean approved uniform daily and be personally neat
The store sales clerk will uphold cooperative policies, perform other duties as assigned by management, and will enforce and uphold the cooperative’s credit policy.
Uphold cooperative policies
1. Uphold all cooperative policies
Perform other duties as assigned by management
1. Work well and effectively with co-workers, supervisors and other cooperative departments
2. Support and follow department policies and goals
Attendance and Dependability
1. Report to work on or before scheduled time.
2. Can be relied on to stay on the job
Enforce and uphold the cooperative’s credit policy
1. Make credit terms known to all employees and customers
2. Do not charge to customers on COD – it is employee’s responsibility to know who is on COD before making a sale or delivery product
3. Do not extend credit to customers who have not been approved by the credit manager – it is the employee’s responsibility to know if a customer has credit privileges
4. Do not authorize customer charges that exceed set credit limits – it the employee’s responsibility to know customer credit limits
5. Keep all personal accounts current
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $22.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 – 45 per week
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kenmare, ND 58746: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Available to work Monday through Saturday?
- Are you currently in the ND area?
Work Location: In person