The Wireless SoC Radio Team designs state-of-art highly energy efficient CMOS radios, from RF to bits. To deliver these radios, our team is responsible for the design and validation of a wide range of RF, analog, and mixed-signal blocks from RF front-end amplifiers to data converters, including baseband filters, baseband and RF phase-locked loops, crystal oscillators, and bandgap references. We are working on new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering.
In this role, you will work closely with the RFIC design team to perform radio calibration, optimization, characterization, and debug. Individuals will either automate mentioned tasks and/or help specify test procedures especially for tasks that are done repeatedly or require extensive setup.
Key QualificationsKey Qualifications
- Solid experience of RF parametric testing, such as IP3, NF, ACPR, phase noise, loadpull, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of RF test equipments, such as network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, vector signal analyzer, vector signal generator, etc.
- Strong Wireless RF background and familiarity with RF systems fundamentals, RF transceiver architectures and/or digital communication.
- Proficiency with understanding RFIC block-level design schematics.
- Some experience of RF PCB board design, debug and development.
- Python programming language is highly desired.
- Experience with embedded system and C programming language is preferred.
- Develop and integrate RF end to end DUT control sequence and then verify it with emulation system.
- Responsible for wireless-SOC RF functionality bringup.
- Design and develop RF block and/or system calibrations including algorithms and optimizations.
- RF performance optimization and characterization such as Psat, Mask, IP3, NF, ACPR, phase noise, lock time, return loss, etc.
- Design RF test bench and implement scripts which controls wireless-SOC and communicate test equipment.
- Writing scripts that plot, parse and analyze large data sets.
- Generate RF performance summary report based on characterization results against chip specification.
- Develop RF Calibrations and tests for ATE mass productions and analyze ATE failures.
- Develop RF FW based on python reference script.
Education & ExperienceEducation & Experience
BS required. MS preferred.
Additional RequirementsAdditional Requirements
Pay & BenefitsPay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $52.99 and $79.76/hr, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.