“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of Disney’s Parks and Resorts business segment. Representing more than 150 disciplines, its talented corps of Imagineers are responsible for the creation of Disney resorts, theme parks and attractions, hotels, water parks, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, cruise ships and new media technology projects.
The Graphic Designer (Project Hire) develops signage and show graphics that help tell the stories in Walt Disney World Theme Parks, Water Parks, Resorts and Disney Cruise Line!
You will be reporting to the Concept Designer Principal.
This is a Project Hire position without any guarantee of permanent placement.
- Support the project team for design and implementation of assigned projects
- Develop varied Architectural Graphic and Sign Design solutions for project work at all stages of projects from concept design through the preparation of construction documentation
- Ensure the creative intent is achieved by integrating sign design with other subject areas and components of the facility exterior, interior and area development
- Prepare specific work including locating signs on base sheets and elevations; material call outs; drawing packages to describe the sign's look and fabrication, Production art; etc.
- Ensure adherence to department/divisional Standards of Practice
- Provide support to multiple Architectural Graphic Design projects by assisting in project design development and technical documentation
- Prepare Signage design information and documentation
- Provide design documentation in the form of illustration, photographs, scaled images, research and documentation on assigned projects
- Perform technical tasks and documentation including: plotting elevations, locating signs, reading and plotting floor and area development plans
- Make daily decisions on a scope of work with guidance from the Lead Graphic Designer
- Communicate and coordinate with others in the department, and multidiscipline project team
- May influence department or project team based on specific expertise or previous experience
- Coordinate and communicate Graphic Design issues within the Graphic Design team
- Support implementation of project goals through development of design solutions
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Graphic Design practice
- Knowledge of Sign Code requirements for facilities and Theme Park applications
- Demonstrated thoughtful design in solving Architectural Graphic design challenges
- Proven track record in digital design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design and MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of Architectural Graphic design, sign construction techniques, Wayfinding systems and programming
- Proficiency in Architectural Signage for different applications (hotels, restaurants, retail, and parking facilities)
- Knowledge of related areas, such as architecture, interior design and area development.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited program or equivalent work experience required
Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities, and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
The Walt Disney Company and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or apply for a position, email Candidate.Accommodations@Disney.com with your request. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or correspondence. We will only respond to those requests that are related to the accessibility of the online application system due to a disability.
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.