Leidos is seeking a Logistics Officer to be assigned to work at an OCONUS U.S. Government location. The job requires a TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph and approximately 8 years experience providing the full range of logistics support. Candidates who do not currently possess a TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph clearance will not be considered. The assignment will also involve both CONUS and OCONUS travel, ranging 1-4 weeks in length, 50% of the time.
- Coordinate and track shipments of classified/unclassified mission equipment and supplies from home base, contractor facilities, Washington DC area, and forward operating locations using commercial and government means.
- Use established procurement procedures to manage the ordering and shipment of supplies supporting deployed personnel (transportation, fuel, housing, food, water, supplies, etc)
- Plan and coordinate the movement of deployed equipment to operating locations
- Consolidate materials into single shipments including crating and packing; prepare shipping documentation
- Prepare materials for shipment via commercial air, sea, and MILAIR
- Notify locations via official email updated status of arriving/departing shipped material
- Arrange for the repair or replacement of office equipment
- Track, transfer and maintain accountable property inventory as property is moved back/forth from CONUS to field locations; update property database as required
- Conduct annual accountable property inventory and respond to other monthly, quarterly, biennial and annual reporting requirements
- Procure time sensitive supplies and equipment on the local economy or via the internet
- Other logistics duties as assigned
- Candidate will be expected to work independently with limited direction
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8 years experience providing the full range of logistics support. Additional experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Willingness to be trained and maintain certification to carry a weapon while abroad in potentially hostile-fire areas
- Knowledge of the government’s logistics procedures
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint),
- Experience with procurement, accountable/controlled property, warehousing practices and procedures, domestic/international transportation and shipping regulations
- Ability to work independently, with limited to no direction for extended periods, 12+hrs a day, as needed
- Certified in the packing and preparation of Hazardous Materials for shipment by air, ground and sea to and from overseas locations
- Ability to obtain working knowledge of IC regulations, policies, practices, and procedures
- Thorough knowledge in the use of MS Office, the Internet, and other internal applications necessary to conduct research, complete routine and moderately complex tasks.
- Analytical skills sufficient to assess moderately complex information from multiple sources and draw logical conclusions
- Strong interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships with team and customers
- Strong oral and written communication skills sufficient to compose and deliver responses to customers’ routine to moderately complex questions in a clear and concise manner, report the status of assigned tasks, and write cables and e-mails to provide customers with required information.
- Ability to perform as a focal point for a program or process and report the status of assigned tasks and projects
- Ability to manage own activities and office workflow under tight deadlines
- Ability to efficiently and rapidly store and retrieve information using filing and tracking systems
- Ability to establish administrative contacts and professional relationships for networking and liaison across the IC
- Ability to apply a strong customer focus orientation to understand customer requirements, suggest and implement solutions to customer issues
- Ability to ensure that management, co-workers, customers, and stakeholders are kept informed
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities that may require overtime or extended hours
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
Pay Range $75,400.00 - $136,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.