Unleash Your Potential:
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers' success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our Mission, Vision and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The National Airspace Systems Integration Support (NISC) program at Leidos is seeking an Engineering Planner - Unmanned Aircraft Systems Specialist with Air Traffic Control background to work in our Ft. Worth, Texas office.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the NISC IV mission.
In this mission we provide daily support of the NISC IV contract, specifically, to various Air Traffic Control Towers, Terminal Radar Approach Controls (TRACON), Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCC) and FAA Air Traffic Organization headquarters and Regional offices.
The ideal candidate should be able to communicate to a variety of audiences including FAA Headquarters, FAA field offices, Air Traffic Operations, Technical Operations, System Operations and users of the National Airspace System. Experience dealing with each of these organizations is necessary and the candidate must be knowledgeable of FAA orders to develop and provide assessments and technical recommendations. The ability to work in a team environment is critical as this will contribute to the overall success of the deliverable.
Primary Responsibilities for the role include:
- Special Use Airspace (SUA) management, Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) operations management, Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFR), procedural waiver reviews, and document change proposals (DCP).
- Preparing Certificates of Authorization or Waivers for UAS operations.
- Participate in UAS Workshops
- Review and coordinate FAA/Department of Defense (DOD) Military Operations Area (MOA) UAS operations and notifications of UAS activities.
- Provide coordination between UAS proponent and facilities for operational missions as needed for active COA’s.
- Provide support for other tactical functions such as Commercial Space, Emergency Planning and Situation Room.
BA degree and 10 years of prior relevant experience or if no degree, additional related work experience in Air Traffic Control can be substituted.
Basic qualifications (Must have):
- 10 plus years previous FAA Air Traffic Controller experience in an Enroute Facility or level 10 or greater Terminal Facility or Pilot.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Experience in a staff environment preparing written documents, memos and briefs.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
Are you ready to make an impact?
Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Pay Range $84,500.00 - $152,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.