Who are we?
Recently named Charity of the Year by Just Giving Awards 2022, we’re committed to moving further, faster to accelerate change for everyone affected by a brain tumour. Brain tumours kill more children and adults under 40 in the UK than any other cancer. We know that a cure can’t wait. By recruiting a team that ‘can’, we can and will find one sooner.
Our exciting job role!
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Individual Giving Officer to join our incredible Individual Giving team. You’ll be brilliant at direct marketing, and passionate about making a difference, whilst also having excellent attention to detail and accuracy skills.
This role is full time - 37.5 hours, with some out of hours working. While contracted to our office in Fleet, Hampshire, our team supports a blend of office and home working provided you have adequate broadband and IT capability, with an average of 2-3 days in the office each week
- Plan, manage and execute the delivery of individual giving acquisition campaigns to acquire new financial supporters, ensuring all campaigns meet set budgets and timing. This will include project management, data selections, creative development and post campaign analysis
- Support the development of new acquisition strategies to develop the acquisition channel
- Work with the Marketing Team to plan, manage and deliver campaigns to increase support from existing (warm) supporters including upgrade, cross sell and conversion activity
- Develop campaign briefs, budgets and campaign targets to manage campaigns end to end. This will include project management of internal and external teams across Individual Giving campaigns. You’ll also work with the fantastic Community Experience Team to optimise campaigns using data insights
- Support the Philanthropy Manager to develop and deliver the Mid and High value strategy to deliver a sustainable engagement and cultivation programme for these supporters
- Support the Individual Giving Manager to develop and deliver a strategy for acquisition and retention to increase the number of supporters we bring into the Charity and increase engagement to maximise income potential
- Manage the income and expenditure for acquisition and retention campaigns and monitor all targets, keeping teams informed of budgets and working with them to optimise cost savings
What we'd like from you:
We’d like you to have at least 2 years experience of direct marketing, experience of writing, editing and proofing copy as well as experience of campaign and budget management. You’ll be a collaborative individual, with the ability to create and maintain great working relationships and have a good understanding of the charity sector.
If this is for you, we’d love to hear from you!
What we'd like to give you:
You’ll be joining a collaborative, bold and innovative team of individuals who put our community first and are connected by a passion to make a real difference. While we face tough challenges along the way, we nurture an inspiring, fun and positive team environment where you feel valued for being you – the real you.
- Benchmarked salary c.£37,000 (dependent on level)
- 25 days holiday which increases with length of service, plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part-timers)
- Generous pension contribution*
- Life assurance cover*
- Access to proper mental health care
- Opportunities to volunteer at our internal events and activities and work with our amazing community
- Plus a brilliant culture to work in, a great team and lots of fun (and cake!)
*subject to qualifying criteria
Eligibility to work
Whilst we'd love to have you on board, we want to be upfront as we’d hate to waste your time applying for a role where we can’t take you on. At the moment, we're unable to offer visa sponsorship for any of our positions. We're currently seeking candidates who are already authorised to work in the UK without the need for sponsorship, who can remain on a permanent basis.
How to apply to join our amazing team:
Please apply by clicking the green ‘apply for this job’ button on our website, attaching your CV and a covering letter explaining why you want the role, what you would bring to the team and how your skillset and experience will enable us to make a real impact for those affected by brain tumours.
We are keen to ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive so if you’d find it beneficial to submit your application in a different format, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can chat through the options available.
The Brain Tumour Charity is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in all aspects of our organisation. We particularly welcome applications from individuals belonging to minority ethnic groups, LGBTQ+ communities, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented communities. We strive to create a workplace that celebrates diversity and provides equal opportunities for all candidates and we encourage all individuals to apply even if they don’t meet all the criteria.
Advert close date: 14 November 2023
First interview date and location: TBC Over Zoom
Second interview date and location: TBC In Office
More about us:
Did you know that as well as being Just Giving’s Charity of the Year in 2022, we were also Charity of the Year in the Third Sector Awards in 2018? Or that in 2023 we were shortlisted for Frontline Team of the Year in the Third Sector Awards? Not to mention bagging the Culture Pioneer Award in HRZone’s Culutre Pioneer awards in 2020. While we’re not boasting, we are particularly proud that our HeadSmart campaign scooped the NHS Innovation Award, a Third Sector Excellence Award, and a Charity Times Award and we've also won Best Charity Partnership Award (well, maybe we’re boasting a little bit!).
Visit our website careers pages to find out more about our culture and what it’s like to be part of our amazing team.
Click here for the job description:
Senior Individual Giving Officer - Job description