This position is responsible for executing all transactions associated with the trading process including but not limited to, tracking daily shipments, managing inventory, billing clients, entering, and matching accruals and processing invoices all within a tight timeframe. This position is also responsible for freight and brokerage processing related to assigned commodities. Communication skills are crucial as this position also serves as a communication link to other departments, suppliers, and customers. The successful candidate will be detail oriented, driven, and possess proven problem-solving skills.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain a positive and effective relationship with traders to create a strong business partnerships.
- Create, analyze, distribute and verify contract information for assigned commodities.
- Data entry and management of all assigned orders, shipments, and correspondence
- Maintain contracts with assigned Traders.
- Manage assigned commodity issues with shipments, billing, etc.
- Maintain current and up to date daily invoicing and various customer/management reports.
- Demonstrate regular attendance and timeliness in reporting to work, meetings and completing assignments.
- Provide customer support to resolve complex issues and partnering with the trading team to meet the needs of our customers.
- Sales and accounting support as assigned.
- Complete work with limited degree of supervision.
- Business degree preferred.
- Experience in agricultural commodity industry, including knowledge of terms and standards required.
- Basic understanding of financial trading required.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Able to function in a fast-paced environment, with tight deadlines while processing detailed transactions.
- Able to focus in an open office trading environment.
- Prior data entry in ERP or other accounting software preferred. SmartSoft/AgTech a plus.
It may be an understatement to say that we work every day to uphold our company’s core values. Because being a servant leader, committed to relationships, pioneering, results driven and tenacious are not just ideals we work towards. We live them. We breathe them. These values are the true essence of how we work and are in every product, service, and opportunity we offer.
- Servant Leader to All – Humbly listening to and serving our employees, customer, and suppliers.
- Committed to Relationships – Caring about the long-term well-being of our employees, customers, and suppliers..
- Pioneering – Using our industry knowledge and entrepreneurial spirit to connect our stakeholders to innovative solutions.
- Results-Driven – Having an intense desire to go beyond what is expected.
- Tenacious – Persevering in all that we do.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $40,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Springfield, MO: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person