Amogy is a technology startup on a mission to decarbonize transportation using ammonia as a renewable fuel. By joining our team, you will be creating the first page of the ammonia-driven green economy. Be part of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the transportation industry for a sustainable future.
What You Will Be Doing:
We are looking for a Principal Control Systems Engineer to join our control software group and develop solutions for controlling complex electro-mechanical and chemical systems. In this position, you will apply your knowledge of control theory and programming to create algorithms that automate hardware systems involving chemical reactors, combustion devices, and fuel cells. This role requires cross-functional collaboration with chemical, mechanical, and electrical engineers to gather specifications on system behavior and dynamics, which you will use to design and implement the system control logic, tune control algorithms, and support testing in laboratory and field environments.
- Lead the project team for developing Amogy’s PowerPack control software.
- Define Amogy’s control software architecture, design control loops, and build state machine logic.
- Collaborate with Amogy’s chemical, mechanical, and electrical engineers to identify PowerPack failure modes and design software responses to ensure safe and reliable system operation.
- Debug simple circuit interface while running software validation on hardware platforms.
- Mentor senior and junior level control systems engineers.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- MS/PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related engineering field with a background in control theory
- 10+ years of work experience in designing, analyzing, implementing, and debugging feedback controls.
- 10+ years of experience with MATLAB/Simulink, particularly State Flow and its control toolbox.
- Extensive experience working with automotive communication protocols, e.g. CAN bus, LIN, and Ethernet.
- Familiarity with benchtop power supplies, DMMs, and oscilloscopes.
- Knowledge of classical and modern control algorithms, including PID loops and model predictive controls.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with developing control systems for automotive applications or chemical processes.
- Experience developing control logic for industrial gas/fluid actuators such as proportional and solenoid valves.
- Experience with digital filter design.
- High proficiency in GIT, Jira, and Confluence.
- Familiarity with automotive standards/certificates for FW and SW.
By joining our team, you will be creating the first page of the ammonia-driven green mobility, and its economy. If this sounds like a role that will excite you, and you see yourself in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where you are learning and collaborating cross-functionally, we want to talk to you!
What We Offer:
- Competitive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
- FSA and HSA
- 401(k) with 5% company match
- Life insurance
- Unlimited (PTO)
- Ancillary Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Open, supportive culture of drive and execution
Amogy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Amogy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. If you receive an offer of employment from Amogy, you will need to go through the E-Verify process of digital verification of your employment authorization documents as provided on the Form I-9. Participation in E-Verify does not limit your right to work and verification will only be completed after you become an employee with Amogy.