About the Role
Uber’s Global Business Development team develops and manages strategic partnerships across Uber's Mobility, Delivery, and Freight business units. We are seeking a Business Development (Partnerships) Manager to join our Central BD team to focus on forging partnerships for our Mobility and Delivery business units across the robotics and autonomous vehicle value chain!
Successful candidates will bring a dynamic combination of intellectual rigor and emotional awareness, maturity, an ability to think strategically and implement tactically, and interpersonal skills to enhance value in partnership negotiations and contracting. We are looking for someone who enjoys building strategy and structure amid ambiguity, and operating independently while still remaining connected to your team and a broad set of internal teams! Carrying out complex and multifaceted deals connected to the core of Uber’s business requires considered internal alignment; senior executives and cross-functional collaborators will support deal strategy and execution because they remain convinced your deals and deal structures are right for the business. Understanding that some partners may also intend to be future competitors, you will be able to advocate internally for a prospective partner’s needs and concerns with empathy and a presumption of positive intent, while also safeguarding company interests and securing future value.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead complex, multifaceted deals with prospective partners across robotics/autonomous vehicle spaces
- Be a strategic thought partner to team members in different parts of the business, working closely with Ops and Product leadership to formulate strategy and identify how to drive impact through partnerships
- Build consensus behind deal strategy with timely support for deal execution across diverse internal audiences, from senior executives to cross-functional team members
- Lead the development of long term, mutually beneficial relationships with senior executives of current and prospective partners.
- Define the right balance between practicability and securing value across a long time horizon
- Refine strategy deal frameworks through negotiation based on Uber goals, partner goals, and industry and partner situations.
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience
- 6+ years of experience in business/corporate development
- Direct experience in strategy consulting, investment banking, venture capital, private equity
- Exposure to large tech companies, automotive OEMs, advanced technologies
- Experience building new business units or companies, working on projects with high degrees of ambiguity.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to combine business, strategy, finance and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals
- Ability to work cross functionally with many other roles and collaborators in the company
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills that allow you to build trust and navigate intense negotiations to secure Uber’s interests with partners, and adeptly lead the cross-functional coordination (product, local operations, engineering, finance, legal) required to implement deals
- High standards and a bias toward action. You find the context and information needed through relationships across the organization, while advocating for clarity and delivery, and hold a high bar from your contributions and those of the people you work with.
For New York, NY-based roles: The base salary range for this role is USD$156,000 per year - USD$173,000 per year.
For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is USD$156,000 per year - USD$173,000 per year.
For all US locations, you will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.