Whether you’re experienced or just starting out, Microchip has a job for you.
Apply online at careers.microchip.com
Where is Gresham?
Less than 2 hours from the Oregon Coast, 1 hour from Timberline Lodge on Mt Hood, and 15 minutes away from the Gateway to the Columbia River Gorge and millions of acres of wilderness areas and national forest in Oregon and Washington.
Oregon has 4 seasons, and it’s true that not all of them are sunny, but the weather is mild, so you can enjoy outdoor activities throughout the year
This position will report to the Gresham IS Software Engineering Supervisor. A successful candidate will work independently while taking direction from the Gresham Software Engineering Supervisor. The candidate will develop and support custom .NET applications used by the Manufacturing and Engineering organizations at the Gresham, Oregon facility.
- Must be able to maintain a "Big Picture" perspective.
- Must be able to understand user requirements and complex manufacturing topics.
- Be familiar with web design methodologies and Object Orientated Programming.
- Collaborate with IS developers; provide project updates and write functional and technical documents.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team to develop innovative solutions.
- Must be able to work with both a technical and non-technical user community.
- Use the Microchip tracking systems to log requests, issues, and projects.
- Follow the Microchip Information Systems policies and procedures on development, project management, and change control.
- Candidate must have a Computer Science BS Degree, be self-driven and motivated to learn.
- Microsoft Office/O365 products, specifically Word and Excel.
Other desired skills:
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Gresham, OR 97030: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- .NET: 1 year (Required)
- SQL: 1 year (Required)
- C#: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person