Executive Assistant to the Co-Founder/Director of Black Lives Matter-Grassroots includes duties and functions related to Co-Founder/Director’s role as well as coordination related to the broader organization as assigned by Co-Founder/Director. Collaboration with the Grassroots leadership team, staff, contractors, partners, chapters, and additional staff/support for Co-Founder/Director is essential.
- Deep commitment to Black liberation
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong ability to problem-solve
- Good technological skills, including docs, spreadsheets, social media, online meeting platforms, etc.
- Flexible schedule
- Ability to move on a rapid response timeline
- Ability to coordinate travel arrangements for individuals and groups
- Travel availability (including international)
- Good steward of resources
- Good driving record and reliable/insured vehicle
Kind, ego-less, smart, critical thinker, tech-savvy, good sense of humor, commitment to racial and social justice, courageous, discreet, security-conscious
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Keep track of various projects, campaigns, and initiatives. Support with planning. Set reminders.
- Maintain calendars. Coordinate and field scheduling requests. Daily and weekly calendar review with Co-Founder/Director and team.
- Coordinate with communications team to field media requests.
- Coordinate with partnered entities on campaigns, initiatives and projects.
- Draft and send correspondence as directed.
- Provide technical assistance and support.
- Attend meetings and events, keep accurate notes, and conduct follow-up.
- Serve as point of first contact for Co-Founder/Director as-needed.
- Coordinate with vendors and contractors, including delivery, payment, etc.
- File and organize documents and records.
- Maintain invoices and financial records for Co-Founder/Director.
- Schedule and coordinate in-person and virtual meetings, including Zoom platform for Co-Founder/Director and BLM Grassroots.
- Coordinate event logistics for BLM Grassroots
- Work closely with communications, field, and campaigns teams to ensure that logistics needs are met.
- Coordinate and book travel for individuals, teams, and Co-Founder/Director.
- Coordinate with security team.
- Rapid response as needed.
- Assist with transportation, including airport drop-off/pick-up.
Priority consideration for applicants who apply by Nov. 15.