At Athena Care, our mission is to improve access to quality mental health care so that people can live happier, healthier, more productive lives. Our vision is to create the leading mental health services platform in Tennessee and neighboring states.
Athena Care provides comprehensive mental health services to children, adolescents, and adults across middle Tennessee. Services include diagnostic assessment, medical management, psychotherapy, and interventional psychiatry, such as TMS and Spravato. Founded in 2001, Athena Care is “in-network” with most major insurance plans.
Athena Care is seeking IOP & PHP Therapist candidates for our Nashville and Murfreesboro locations. Candidates must be eligible to practice in the state of Tennessee, eligible to participate in all third-party payor plans, and able to pass a background check.
As a member of a multidisciplinary team, the IOP & PHP Therapist provides direct therapeutic care to adolescent and adult patients of Athena Care in both an individual and group setting. This includes any and all forms of counseling and psychotherapy within the scope of practice of the clinician’s practice and experience.
Core Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides outpatient mental health therapeutic services to clients of Athena
- Assesses, diagnoses, and treats adults, adolescents, and/or children experiencing symptoms of behavioral health disorders
- Participates in intake and admission process for IOP and PHP programming
- As needed, drafts and/or revises components of the IOP and PHP curriculum
- Effectively plans, drafts, and executes planning for upcoming client groups
- Actively leads and participates in group sessions
- Documents all patient encounters and diagnostic test results accurately and timely in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Collaborates with psychologists, psychiatric mental health nurse practitioners, psychiatrists and other treatment team members to coordinate client care and facilitate internal referrals to IOP and PHP programming
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of medical records, including assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, outcome measures, and billing entries.
- Participates as an active member of the Therapy team
- Maintain appropriate licensure and supervision in a manner consistent with standards of practice
- Maintains positive, professional relationships with local medical community and within Athena
- Consults with other physicians and/or clinicians about each patient’s specific need and refer to specialists as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or other relevant field
- Three or more years experience providing mental health services preferred
- Ability to work with patients ages 10-up is required, and ages 5-up is strongly preferred
- Current, unrestricted license in the state of Tennessee, in good standing, to include LCSW, LPC-MHSP, LMFT, and/ or LPE strongly preferred. LPC-temp/LMSW with appropriate supervision may be considered.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification preferred
- Maintain credentials and licensure requirements with all major insurance companies and licensing boards
- No suspension/exclusion/debarment from participation in federal health care programs (Medicare, Medicaid, SCHIP, etc)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with applicable regulatory requirements (HIPAA, 42 CFR Pt 2, etc.)
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), bedside manner, and time management skills
- Ability to effectively and successfully participate as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with persons from diverse socioeconomic, education, racial, ethnic, and professional backgrounds
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively utilize Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system.
- Proficient with common technology hardware and software
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to provide high quality care and meet deadlines
- Consistently demonstrate positive customer service approach
- Commitment to ethical conduct and acting in the interest of patients served while adhering to all applicable policies and procedures of the organization
- Ability to travel between facilities (if working at more than one location) to include reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and personal automobile insurance preferred
This is an office-type role with primarily sedentary job duties and limited reaching, pulling, pushing, or carrying.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each core job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary for an individual in this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Nashville, TN: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Will you work with clients ages 10 and up for therapy and IOP services?
- LCSW, LPC-MHSP, or LMFT license in the state of TN (Required)
Work Location: In person