We have an exciting opportunity for a Virginia-based Junior Systems Administrator to support our customer’s mission in Alexandria, VA.! You will join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a highly complex and fast-paced program. The selected candidate will be responsible for performing daily system administration and O&M support activities in support of a complex network environment with geographically distributed systems. The position entails the daily sustainment of existing computing and network systems at various locations, with a particular focus on the set-up and maintenance of a company site in Alexandria.
The selected individual will be responsible for monitoring infrastructure systems, applications, and processes, and for ensuring that all issues are identified, tracked, and resolved in a timely manner. She/he will provide support for various infrastructure systems and will respond to hardware and software incidents impacting local users. She/he will work with and take direction from senior System Administrators, at times working with them remotely from other locations.
- Handling IT Help Desk calls and emails, ensuring all interactions are handled timely and in a professional manner.
- Utilizing enterprise monitoring solutions to identify alarms that have been triggered against the environments.
- Working with more senior technicians in identifying, troubleshooting, and correcting hardware and software issues including network connectivity.
- Providing technical assistance to companion work groups in support of overlapping projects and maintaining good inter-departmental relations.
- Communicating with users and publishing status of any system outages, as needed.
- Proactively contacting customers when infrastructure processes are significantly delayed or may impact their ability to complete a business function on time.
- Executing the process for managing information assurance vulnerability alerts (IAVAs) and system security scanning for equipment suites in accordance with the System Security Plans for these systems to identify and remediate IAVAs rapidly and accurately.
- Initiating IAVA responses and system security scans; completing remediation; extending IAVA patches and security updates on various IT and network systems.
- Participating in the creation and ongoing maintenance of documentation to ensure clear, concise, and accurate information is readily available to assist with incident resolution.
- Undertaking project work and providing support for implementing IT enhancements.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- All candidates must possess an active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related technical field and at least four (4) years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Must have direct, hands-on experience helping users in an IT or similar customer service capacity.
- Must have experience providing information for and documenting technical processes.
- Must have experience with Data Center design and configuration (e.g., rack and stack, power, placement, etc.).
- Must have experience working on an IT/software program that utilizes complex equipment/systems (ex. Network Switches, Routers, LANs, & cabling, Windows/Linux operating systems, VMware, etc.).
- Must have experience or familiarity with IT system optimization, monitoring, and/or other technical set-up and troubleshooting.
- Must be capable of responding very quickly to customer inquiries in a clear, concise manner, to include providing detailed and comprehensive status reports and follow-ups.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures.
- Must possess strong analytic abilities and must be meticulous and careful in their work.
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
- Must be able to respond to system administration, operations, and maintenance problems while off duty, on an as-needed on-call basis.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time to other program location(s) (generally to a company site in MD) on a day-to-day routine basis when needed (i.e. not overnight).
- Experience or familiarity with security standards, software architectures and/or Network security technologies (Multiple Domain, PKI, SSP, Vulnerability Assessment, etc.).
- Experience supporting a software configuration management and development environment.
- Experience working in an Agile Development Environment or on an Agile Team.
Pay Range $68,900.00 - $124,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.