We are seeking a contract / fractional digital project manager to join our team.
A Digital Project Manager at Equalize Digital is not just a task manager, but a strategic contributor to every project. Digital Project Managers oversee the successful delivery of Equalize Digital's service-based offerings, including new website builds, accessibility remediation of existing websites, and legacy marketing work. They work closely with our content specialists, developers, accessibility specialists, and clients to ensure projects run smoothly and on time, with minimal intervention from the executive team.
Individuals who are results-driven and who value environments with a high degree of autonomy will thrive in this role. You must be detail-oriented, able to communicate with co-workers and clients clearly and understand WordPress and web project processes.
Duties Act as the day-to-day Project Manager for 5-12 active projects; taking ownership of all project scopes/plans, client meetings, written status updates, demos, risk management, and iterative scope/expectation management. Provide support to the team, including scheduling meetings, internal check-ins, drafting and posting meeting notes, developing lists of action items, and communicating assignments, deadlines, and needs to ensure the project follows the proposed schedule. Ensure superior quality deliverables by completing rigorous Q/A processes in collaboration with our CTO and accessibility specialists, and enforcing standards to provide end-to-end delivery and client satisfaction. Lead discovery engagements that expertly define cross-discipline project requirements and demonstrate an expert understanding of underlying client business goals and objectives. Consistently track and analyze project progress and budget burn, escalate concerns and/or risks, then mitigate appropriately. Identify opportunities to improve internal processes and documentation, particularly around our productized audit and remediation services.
- Experience delivering full-scope CMS-based web projects for enterprise clients, ideally in an agency environment, and preferably with a practical understanding of the WordPress platform.
- Roles and responsibilities have been primarily client-facing, often as the main point of contact for client requests, escalations, comprehensive updates, and strategic consultation.
- Effective leader of cross-discipline project teams - across account strategy, experience design, development, Q/A, and support. Able to keep the team motivated and on task to deliver the best project outcomes.
- Experience with project management tools (Basecamp preferred) and GitHub.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; can handle multiple projects and dynamic priorities without missing a beat.
- Familiar with web development. Being a coder is not expected, but having a general knowledge of web development is vital given the technical nature of our work.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, both internally and externally.
- Efficiency. Able to produce significant results with minimal wasted effort.
- Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done, when necessary.
- Proactivity. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Intelligence. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Builds trust, maintains confidence and focuses on doing the right thing.
- Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose. Maintains this standard across all channels of communication.
- Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Open to criticism and ideas. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism.
This role requires a significant overlap with USA work hours. It is expected that the agreed-upon schedule will have at least 6 hours of overlap with USA Central Time business hours (8am-5pm, GMT-5).
This is a contract / fractional position with an estimated work volume of 20 hours per week. As a contractor, we expect that you will define your own schedule and that you will work with other clients besides us.
We have budgeted for a $40 - $60 per hour compensation range, depending on qualifications.
The engagement may involve project-specific responsibilities that must take place on certain dates or times. The terms of the contract will be outlined between you and Equalize Digital in a separate agreement. This disclaimer is intended to clarify that this role does not guarantee employee status or benefits traditionally associated with being an employee.