We are seeking a
Web Developer (Remote) to join our growing team with Attendee Interactive (Ai)!
The full stack Web Developer position is responsible for writing application code to contribute to the full lifecycle of development from concept to post-production support and maintenance of server / OS / desktop / web / mobile applications and services. This position will develop application code, contribute to version-controlled source code repositories and will managed assigned tasks to create measurable value and deliver software to market using industry recognized agile methodologies and best practices. The Web Developer will be responsible for coding according to prescribed standards and guidelines set forth by the architects and leadership teams and must demonstrate quality, brevity and timeliness in all deliverables.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
A Day in the Life
- Implementation (setup, configuration, testing & deployment) of client solutions built on one of Ai’s 3 Platforms: Ai-Evolution, Ai-Logistics & HighmarksCE2.
- Customize graphical design and layout of client web site using HTML, CSS and other front-end web technologies.
- Contribute to lifecycle Flow and value streams by following prescribed methodologies and best practices.
- Maintain balance of business and technical acumen in decision making.
- Follow source-code management and work item tracking best practices.
- Contribute to the estimation process during planning exercises
We are looking for someone who brings
- Must demonstrate good decision making and effective business acumen.
- Must be able to communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Must maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Must have a growth mindset and subscribe to a continuous learning philosophy.
- Must establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Required Education and Experience
- 2+ years professional experience preferred performing software development tasks including coding and QA.
- Comprehensive knowledge of an object-oriented web programming language such as PHP, C# .NET
- Relational Databases (MySQL, SQL Server, etc)
- Web Services (SOAP, XML, JSON, REST)
- Working knowledge of toolsets such as:
- Source Control: Git or like
- Work Request Systems: TFS, Jira, Teamwork
- SDLC Methodologies:
- Agile, SCRUM, use of architectural patterns/frameworks
- Ability to collaborate on requirements for projects and request
- Ability to properly assess and articulate risk
- Preferred Education and Experience
- B.S. or higher in computer science/technology field or equivalent industry experience.
- Some Adobe ColdFusion experience
- Excellent customer-service orientation
- Effective delegation of tasks and follow-up
- Lead technology assessments and author recommendations
- Knowledgeable of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Capable of meeting deadlines and focuses on results and value creation
- Capable of professionally resolving team issues/conflicts
- Works well with customers and vendors, knows when and how hard to push to maintain a stable and reliable environment
- Capable of leading research into application development issues to successful completion
- Self-motivated and directed
- Capable of prioritizing and execution of tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and regulations preferred (PCI, PII, PHI, HIPAA, GDPR, ADA, etc.)
Community Brands welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available, on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Community Brands – leveling the playing field between for-profits and purpose-driven organizations
Community Brands provides a connected network of solutions that enable mission-driven organizations to thrive. Our software powers non-profits, associations, and K-12 schools to engage the people they serve through programs and events, raise funds to enable their mission, and manage their financials and operations. Our family of brands are bound by a common purpose to serve the organizations that make our communities a better place to live. With over 1,600 employees in the US, Canada, UK, Australia, India, and the Philippines, we know that our success is driven entirely by the people of Community Brands. Through professional opportunity, we strive to give each person a clear path to success and personal growth. We embrace diversity and believe that our differences in experience and perspective are the key to our sustained success.
Why work here?
Good People, Doing Good Things: Employees at Community Brands are techies and volunteers who strive to make the Company a great place to work. We dream big and are motivated to help our customers use the technology we create to improve the world around us.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan & Company Match
- Flexible Planned Paid Time Off
- Generous Sick Leave
- Casual Environment
- Purpose-Driven Culture
- Work-Life Balance
- Passionate About Community Involvement
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Remote Flexibility
Community Brands actively embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a meaningful way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be, which is why we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States (without sponsorship) and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.