Under the direction of the VP of IT and working in conjunction with the network security and system administrators, the Junior Systems Administrator is responsible for implementation, administration, and support of Capri’s enterprise systems and infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists with the day-to-day operations of Capri Communities’ enterprise systems.
- Installs and applies software upgrades and security patches to servers, network systems, workstations, and devices.
- Installs and administers software affecting enterprise-wide network and computer security and virus protection.
- Performs backup operations daily. Performs regular file archival and disaster recovery operations as necessary.
- Performs user administration and user audit activities.
- Assists with vulnerability scans, remediation, and other network security operations.
- Maintains and secures the data center environment and its monitoring equipment.
- Provides additional support to helpdesk specialists to ensure quality customer service and serves as helpdesk backup when needed.
- Assists in maintaining accurate and up to date inventory records of equipment and management of software license keys.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately any changes, upgrades, issues, repairs, solutions, timelines, etc. to organizational users/customers.
- Participate in after-hours/on-call support as needed and directed by IT leadership.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree in computer science or related discipline, or a combination of education and experience.
- 1-2 years of experience in technical support.
- Preferably 1-2 years of administration experience with Microsoft Windows Server operating systems, Microsoft 365, networks, and network infrastructure.
- Experience in a VMware virtualized environment and understanding of scripting, PowerShell, and Linux preferred.
- Knowledge of operating systems, current equipment and technologies, system administration, backup and recovery procedures.
- Ability to document systems; communicate technical/complex information; manage multiple concurrent projects; and respond to emergency situations effectively and timely.
About the Company: