If you're a Drupal developer who wants to make an impact, push boundaries and be more involved in the process, then you'll find a special home at Interactive Strategies. Our developers are not only responsible for writing and testing clean and efficient code; they are involved in all aspects of our projects and are engaged early in the process. Therefore, we’re looking for self-starters and passionate thinkers who can provide valuable ideas upfront and create elegant technical solutions – before a line of code is ever written.
At Interactive Strategies, we have a culture that promotes creativity and collaboration. We do our best work when we work together, so you'll be partnered with strategists, designers, developers and other passionate people to deliver comprehensive and integrated solutions. And you'll be doing it for some exciting and meaningful clients who want to push boundaries, such as American Red Cross, The Wilderness Society, Lupus Foundation of America, Bloomberg and more.
While we value your back-end development skills, your ability to thrive in our environment is equally as important. We’re looking for someone who:
- Wants to do more than just "stay current" with website-development best practices.
- Enjoys collaborating and has a sense of humor.
- Tries new things and is not afraid of failing or asking others for help.
- Is a well-organized team-player who can effectively work on multiple projects.
- Can explain difficult concepts in a simple way to other, sometimes non-technical, people.
- Treats your code like your resume. How you write your code matters to you.
- Is opinionated about how sites should function, but is open-minded to new ideas.
- Can think of more than one way to meet requirements and make development decisions based on client needs.
We don't necessarily care how long you've been doing development; more important is the passion and talent you bring to the table. We are, however, looking for someone who:
- Has worked with Drupal before; version 8+.
- Has written PHP code and developed custom Drupal modules.
- Can set up and configure a web server on your own. (For local development)
- Writes code that someone else can understand.
- Is comfortable with the command line.
- Tests before they push.
- Considers performance and page speed when developing.
- You have experience in WordPress, including custom theme and plugin development.
- You can write standards-compliant, responsive, HTML, CSS.
- You have experience with CSS preprocessors (SCSS, Sass, Less)
- Strong understanding of usability and accessibility.
We have a simple motto when it comes to company culture, "Everyone deserves to come to work and be happy." This means a few things: (1) we care as much about quality as we do about budgets, (2) we find the strengths in each employee and nurture them, (3) we encourage a culture that values innovation and creative freedom, and (4) we want you to have fun while you’re at the office. We may be an agency, but we understand that you have a life outside of work.
We allow our employees creative freedom. We treat them with respect. We value their opinions. In that spirit, we offer the following benefits:
- Company-sponsored health, vision and dental insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Profit sharing
- 4 weeks of vacation/sick time from day one; 5+ weeks after year 3
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability
- Company-paid life and AD&D insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- 401k with company match
- New business referral bonus
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule
- Pre-tax DC Metro SmartBenefits
A little about us
We're a well-respected interactive agency in downtown Washington, DC, known for deep strategic thinking. We strive to cultivate a collaborative, innovative environment where people feel valued, respected, and free to push creative boundaries—all while finding balance between work, home, and life outside the office.
Interactive Strategies is a certified LGBTBE business and equal opportunity employer that values workplace diversity. We believe that diverse voices and viewpoints are critical to producing great work and helping our clients represent themselves effectively.