You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities, and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together.
How we serve our customers is constantly evolving and is a challenge we gladly accept. Whether you’re finding new ways to prevent identity fraud or enabling customers to start a new business, you can work with one of the most valuable data sets in the world to identify insights and actions that can have a meaningful impact on our customers and our business. And, with opportunities to learn from leaders who have defined the course of our industry, you can grow your career and define your own path. Find your place in risk and analytics on #TeamAmex.
This position is within the GRC Platform and Capabilities team within Global Risk and Compliance Line of Business. The Product Manager position will provide day to day strategic support and function as the primary point of contact owning the vision and roadmap of technology products and platforms for the Global Risk and Compliance organization. Particular focus would be on new product development, risk management initiatives, process control and improvement and end user experience. This is a highly visible and strategic position within the company.
This particular Product Manager will be responsible for the Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning component of the new Financial Crimes Platform. They will lead a team of Product Owners through the development of AI/ML solutions in partnership with their Business and Technology Partners.
- Own Capabilities and Features end-to-end.
- Collaborate with business partners and technology partners in defining automation opportunities that could leverage AI/ML solutions.
- Collaborate with technology partners in defining design and detailed work plans
- Be a storyteller and clearly articulate the why, what, and how of the product or feature
- Define and articulate business metrics and targets for initiatives and platforms and own ongoing monitoring and improvements
- Maintain an active product backlog that closely aligns with the strategy and roadmap
- Translate software product roadmap into minimum viable product iterations.
- Work closely with the Technology team to develop, test and deliver the defined user stories for the platform capabilities and features and rapidly iterate new solutions through automation and demo/prototyping.
- Ensure that the appropriate tracking and reporting is in place to track performance post launch to evaluate future investment.
- Understand and apply new trends and competitive best practices into requirements and team method of work
- Identify opportunities to test and learn, define hypotheses, design experiments, evaluate results and recommend next steps
- Support and implement agile principles.
- 5+ years of Product Management experience driving product implementation in an iterative approach
- A good balance of Financial Crimes business acumen and technical knowledge with a proven track record of driving platform innovation with a customer-first mindset
- Must have the ability to “connect the dots” between different requirements of different stakeholders
- An established background in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, Agile, and SAFe principles
- Ability to push the boundaries of existing technologies and processes
- Strong leadership with the ability to influence others through partnerships
- Must possess a growth mindset and creative thinking skills
- Have intellectual curiosity and be a quick learner
- Build empathy with customers and end users knowing that the impacts of their work can be felt across multiple entities
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required; advanced degree in Business or Engineering preferred
At the core of Product Management, every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Business Case Development
- Technical acumen and knowledge
Salary Range: $90,000.00 to $165,000.00 annually + bonus + benefits
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- 6% Company Match on retirement savings plan
- Free financial coaching and financial well-being support
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- 20+ weeks paid parental leave for all parents, regardless of gender, offered for pregnancy, adoption or surrogacy
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
For a full list of Team Amex benefits, visit our Colleague Benefits Site.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the “Know Your Rights” poster and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.