Avalon Healthcare Solutions, headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is the world’s first and only Lab Insights company, bringing together our proven Lab Benefit Management solutions, lab science expertise, digitized lab values, and proprietary analytics to help healthcare insurers proactively inform appropriate care, reduce costs, and improve clinical outcomes. Working with health plans across the country, the company covers more than 36 million lives and delivers 7-12% outpatient lab benefit savings. Avalon is pioneering a new era of value-driven care with its Lab Insights Platform that captures, digitizes, and analyzes lab results in real time to provide actionable insights for earlier disease detection, ensuring appropriate treatment protocols, and driving down overall cost.
Studies show that 30% of clinical laboratory testing is unnecessary or overused. Inappropriate testing or missing a key screening can lead to complications and expense arising from unwarranted care, or not obtaining proper care when needed, leading to increased health risks and costs. Avalon helps ensure delivery of the right test, at the right time, and in the right setting. We seek to ensure the most effective patient treatment, improve clinical outcomes, and optimize cost and affordability.
Avalon is a portfolio company of Francisco Partners, a global private equity firm that specializes in investments in technology and technology-enabled service companies.
Avalon is a high growth company where every associate has an opportunity to make a difference. You will be part of a team that shapes a new market and business. Most importantly, you will help Avalon to achieve its mission and improve clinical outcomes and health care affordability for the people we serve.
For more information about Avalon, please visit www.avalonhcs.com.
Avalon Healthcare Solutions is proud to be an equal opportunity employer including disability/veteran. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Avalon Healthcare Solutions provides and maintains a drug-free workplace for its employees.
For more about Avalon, please visit our web site at http://www.avalonhcs.com.
About the Software Engineer I:
Avalon’s Software Engineer I supports Avalon projects through the use of software development tools under limited supervision using prescribed methodologies. You will analyze, design, develop, document and support various custom applications, portals, data exchanges, services and integration with other applications and systems to support the evolving needs of the company. Software Engineer I works collaboratively with other technical and business resources, and they must use professional judgment in asking for assistance, discussing ideas, and seeking necessary approvals. This position will follow the defined Avalon change management process in the creation of their work products.
This position is eligible for remote work, but quarterly travel to the corporate office in Tampa, Florida may be required.
Software Engineer I- Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Can create a detailed design document through the assessment of business requirements. Can work in a team to assess alternatives to different designs and choose the best solution to fit business needs.
- Demonstrates an ability to read, interpret, create and maintain complex Conceptual, Logical and Physical models to include context diagrams, data flow diagrams, process flow diagrams, data dictionaries and logical flow charts, under limited supervision.
- Able to develop unit test plans which include regression testing and the packaging of tests into consecutive steps based on logical dependencies to ensure quality delivery. Assists in the development of functional test plans used to verify that a specific system functions according to actual requirements and established guidelines.
- Able to perform moderate to complex application administration & support. Ability to triage and resolve application and integration issues. Document and track product defects. Demonstrates the ability to develop and implement solutions for the causes identified.
- Develops complex, modular and reusable application code which utilizes SQL data sources. Develops multiple, modular objects and understands several Enterprise Software Design Patterns. Reuses objects and can create object inventories.
- Adheres to and contributes to definition of good database design practices. Conceptual understanding of referential integrity, locking and transaction processing. Understands impact of data modeling decisions on system performance and resource usage. Able to develop complex queries and update tables.
- Software Developer will contribute to and follow the defined Avalon Agile SDLC / Change Management process for developing, testing, maintaining and deploying code. Contributes to and follows established coding standards. Able to perform code reviews and assess the work of other team members to ensure quality delivery and compliance with procedures.
- Has an understanding of the strategic alignment of IT solutions with business objectives. Demonstrates a working knowledge of specific components of health plan operations and associated technical dependencies.
- Responsible for the delivery and support of software system solutions that support the operations of the company on a 24x7x365 basis.
Software Engineer I- Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; or the equivalent years of relevant business and technical experience; Advanced degree desired.
- Experience developing applications utilizing several of the following: Java, Red Hat Linux, SoapUI, Postman, Docker, AWS EC2, ECS/Fargate, AWS SQS, Spring Framework, Sprint Boot, Spring Batch, Apache Kafka, AWS Lambda).
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience and or working knowledge of standard middleware interface/integration architecture and techniques (SOA, Web services, SOAP / WSDL / XML, REST, SAML, APIs, Microservices).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- History of working in an Agile software development environment.
- Proven success delivering and supporting high quality solutions on time.
Software Engineer I - Preferred Qualifications:
- Healthcare knowledge or experience preferred.
- Strong background with web services both SOAP and REST.
- Integration of rules engine and BRMS with xml messages.
- Experience working in an AWS or cloud base environment.
- Planning, developing, and deploying high volume, mission-critical software applications in a healthcare environment.
- Knowledge or experience with HIPAA regulations and standards for security (PHI, IIHI), privacy and transactions.