At Memorial Hermann, we pursue a common goal of delivering high quality, efficient care while creating exceptional experiences for every member of our community. When we say every member of our community, that includes our employees. We know that when our employees feel cared for, heard and valued, they are inspired to create moments that exceed expectations, while prioritizing safety, compassion, personalization and efficiency. If you want to advance your career and contribute to our vision of creating healthier communities, now and for generations to come, we want you to be a part of our team.
Position is responsible for assisting management in overseeing departmental operations including mentoring other employees as a quality improvement coordinator, ensuring accurate completion of registration, monitoring and correction of reports, data integrity, accuracy and continuity of processes, handling escalated issues, scheduling staff, and staff training and education. Performs general administrative duties in accordance with TJC, CLIA, HIPAA, NCQA and government standards, as well as company policies and procedures. All patient care is under the direction of a physician and within the scope of a practice.Job Description
The Cardiology Physician Practice at The Woodlands is seeking an experienced RN to join their team! Must have 5 or more years of RN experience (highly prefer Cardiology experience), must have current or previous leadership experience.
Work Hours: Mon – Fri / 7a-4:30p or 8a-5p
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing required; Bachelors degree in nursing is preferred
Licenses/Certifications: Current State of Texas license/permit to practice professional Nursing (RN) and Current American Heart Association BLS/CPR certification or within 30 days of hire
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Five (5) years of clinical experience is required
- Demonstrates ability to maintain good communications; ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with employees, physicians, patients, families, and the public
- Working knowledge of ICD9/10 and CPT coding and insurance procedures
- Works primarily a pre-determined schedule but occasional requirements to work evenings or weekends depending on patient care needs may exist; ability to float to other clinic practices as needed is an expectation
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring One Memorial Hermann
- Acts as the on-site clinical coordinator providing guidance and direction to the care team.
- Oversees clinical workflow of the practice to ensure quality of care delivered and patient satisfaction is optimal.
- Will resolve minor patient scheduling, insurance, and satisfaction complaints and escalate as necessary.
- Completes quality review and monitors for process improvement opportunities.
- Participates in educational endeavors of department ; may serve as clinical super user for EMR.
- Maintains knowledge base of processes and systems by attending update meetings and review training, represents department in meetings as needed.
- Interacts with all staff levels to insure resolution of issues Monitors assigned reports for data integrity.
- Researches and corrects accounts as required.
- Protects the financial integrity of the facility by ensuring accuracy of all functions performed by staff across all departmental areas of responsibility.
- Participates in preparation and presentation of department staff meetings, education, and in-services.
- Communicates in an effective and professional manner with all Patient Access customers, including physicians, care management, ancillary departments, nursing units, and physicians’ office staff.
- Cross trains to perform patient access tasks, including: take messages and assist providers with return phone calls to patients and pharmacies appropriately.
- Provides direct patient care within scope of certification/license as required. Supports HR processes including coaching and mentoring of staff.
- Participates in appropriate role in disasters, fire drills, fires and other emergency situations and intervenes with clinical competence.
- Complies with and promotes safety and emergency procedures.
- Exercises care in the operation and use of equipment and reference materials.
- Performs routine cleaning and preventative maintenance to ensure continued functioning of equipment.
- Maintain work areas in a clean, safe and organized manner.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Associated topics: asn, bsn, ccu, hospice, intensive care, neonatal, nurse clinical, registed, registered nurse, transitional