At Apple, you will have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to deliver outstanding performance for wireless products. As a member of the Product RF Design team, you will be at the forefront of wireless technology as we push the boundaries of achievable performance in wireless for innovative products. You will become part of a hands-on product development team that shapes and influences current and future generations of Apple products.
We’re looking for dedicated and motivated engineers with good fundamentals in one or more areas of RF/wireless and electromagnetic theory, antenna design, system integration, & wireless communications.
Key QualificationsKey Qualifications
- Knowledge of EM or RF hardware or antenna design
- Knowledge of integration of wireless technologies such as cellular, GPS, Wifi, and NFC into products.
- Knowledge of RF schematic and PCB layout practices and guidelines
- Knowledge of electromagnetic simulation tools
- Hands-on experience with RF lab instrumentation
- Ability to debug Desense issues and characterize noise sources
- Experience with production environment and statistical analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Product RF Design Engineers should have a broad-based knowledge in RF architecture, design, integration and manufacturing. They have deep theoretical and practical knowledge in one or more areas of electromagnetic theory, RF and Wireless circuit design, communication theory, and product design trade-off. They use electromagnetic and system simulation, hands on prototyping, test and measurement to understand complex system and sub-system interactions, implications to product level design, and manufacturing trade-offs to enable mass production.
Product RF Design Engineers apply their expertise in all aspects of product design from concept, architecture definition, integration and prototyping to final production. They work closely with wireless and software architects, industrial designers, and product designers to guide and sculpt the product with an eye towards optimizing RF/Wireless functionality for the user. Traveling up to 15% of the time may be required to visit overseas manufacturing facilities to support builds from prototype phase to mass production.
Education & ExperienceEducation & Experience
BSEE or MSEE / Higher, or equivalent education
Coursework or experience in antenna/RF design, wireless communications, EM, or circuits
Additional RequirementsAdditional Requirements
Pay & BenefitsPay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $115,000 and $217,500, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.