Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Join us in creating the best products in the world, crafting best techniques and methodologies that enhance user experience.
The System RF group at Apple is growing rapidly and looking to onboard individuals with passion for wireless tech, eagerness to learn and who want to collaborate with the brightest minds to bring forth exciting products that enrich people's lives.
You will become part of a hands-on development team that furthers engineering finesse, creativity and innovation. You will be responsible for integration of the RF sub-system into multiple products, perform in-depth data analysis, assess design maturity and make contributions to current and future design. Interact and work closely with teams from hardware, software and systems across Apple as well as chipset and instrument vendors. You will develop techniques, algorithms, and methods to guarantee consistent and reliable wireless performance on Apple products. The scope of work spans both sub 6GHz and mmWave development. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish!
Key QualificationsKey Qualifications
- Solid understanding of RF fundamentals and communication theory
- Experience programming in C/C++ with good object oriented design principals
- Good understanding of RF metrics and knowledge of cellular standards including LTE and 5G (PHY)
- Hands-on Experience with RF/Wireless lab equipment like call box testers, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, vector signal generators, power sensors, switch controllers, etc
- Energy and drive to thrive in a dynamic environment
As an RF systems integration engineer, you will help productize the wireless solutions in Apple’s products by authoring scalable software and using strong engineering fundamentals. You will be responsible for validating and characterizing wireless system performance. Examples of activities you may be involved include:
Design, implementation and execution of methods/experiments to validate cellular performance
Develop algorithms and scalable software in C/C++ to control the modem and test equipment
Perform data analysis and extract meaningful insights into maturity of the design
Work with vendors to define requirements, drive new feature development and resolve issues.
Education & ExperienceEducation & Experience
BSEE required. MSEE preferred
Additional RequirementsAdditional Requirements
- - Recent experience with automation, scripting and development of test plans
- - Familiarity with data processing and statistical tools
- - Good understanding of cellular 3GPP (2G/3G/4G/5G) RF standards
- - Experience with RF-Transceiver/Baseband Physical & Layer 1 control
- - Strong technical background in 5g-NR/LTE/UMTS physical layer.
Pay & BenefitsPay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $45.67 and $68.75/hr, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.