Want to build the platform that enables the next generation of intelligent experiences on Apple products & services? As a software engineer on the Machine Learning Platform team, you will be responsible for designing and building the critical services that support machine learning, artificial intelligence, and computer vision across the company.
Within our team, we have a diverse software and infrastructure stack with many opportunities to learn and grow your skills with current technologies. We use a lot of open source or internally developed software, but we also do not shy away from building our own solutions. Folks on our team value customer empathy, continuous learning and improvement, and collaboration.
Want to join us?
Key QualificationsKey Qualifications
- Strong software development skills, proficiency in relevant languages (ex. Python, Golang)
- Experience designing and building services and APIs, especially micro-services
- Familiarity with relational database systems such as PostgreSQL
- Creative, collaborative, and product-focused
- Enthusiastic about jumping in where needed
- A passion for making simple, robust, and scalable platforms used by other engineering teams
As a software engineer on the MLPT Training Platform team you have the following responsibilities:
- Develop and operate large-scale systems designed for machine learning. These may include, but are not limited to, data management systems, workflow systems, distributed compute systems, and user-facing UIs, APIs, and SDKs.
- Partner with data scientists and machine learning engineers across different Apple organizations to identify needs and define high impact product features and solutions.
- Work with your team to define projects, break projects down into pieces, and implement new features and components.
Education & ExperienceEducation & Experience
BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent industry work experience
Additional RequirementsAdditional Requirements
- Experience using system monitoring tools and automated testing frameworks
- Experience delivering distributed systems and services in a production setting
- Experience with Kubernetes and cloud infrastructure like AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with event streaming systems a plus
Pay & BenefitsPay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $115,000 and $217,500, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.