Position and Organization Description
Accelerate Institute is seeking a talented and experienced Marketing Manager to join our team as we move into an exciting new phase of our organization’s history and prepare to launch Accelerate Online, our on-demand learning platform for educators, with a focus on principals, assistant principals, and emerging teacher leaders. The Marketing Manager will be part of the startup team and will be a core component of this team responsible for developing and implementing marketing campaigns across various channels, with a special emphasis on social media platforms. The person selected for this position must be self-motivated, creative, results-oriented, entrepreneurial, and highly energetic with exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills. This is a new position at Accelerate Institute based in the greater Chicago area and reporting to the President (Dr. Catherine Burns).
In the first three months, the Marketing Manager will spend time building a deep understanding of Accelerate Institute’s history and philosophy of leadership development, including the Accelerate Framework and Transformational Leadership Building Blocks as well as the marketing strategy employed thus far to build awareness of the Accelerate Online platform. They will also begin to build relationships with the greater Accelerate Institute team.
In the first six months, the Marketing Manager can expect to use their expertise to build brand awareness and interest in Accelerate Online throughout the initial launch (planned for early July) and to create a long-term marketing campaign informed by ongoing product development of the platform.
About Accelerate Institute
Founded in 1991, Accelerate Institute’s mission is to enable every child, regardless of their zip code, to reach their full potential. We partner to create high-performing schools by dramatically accelerating student achievement. Through our core and innovation programs, we draw on the leadership model used to achieve success at our nationally recognized school, Alain Locke Charter School.
Accelerate Institute has trained more than 500 school leaders who are currently working in more than 25 cities across the United States. Our work is grounded in Accelerate Institute’s core values:
· Students First: We make decisions in which student achievement and well-being are prioritized while honoring individual student experiences.
· Absolute Excellence: We bring our best work, are productive, are present, and get accelerated results.
· Synergy: Our interactions and cooperation produce a combined effect greater than the sum of the separate effects.
· Equity and Inclusion: We value all dimensions of diversity and seek to model the fairness and justice that we want to see in the world.
· Gratitude: The work is hard. In that we find joy and are thankful to each other and show appreciation for all stakeholders.
Accelerate Institute is located in Chicago, Illinois.
Top priorities for the Marketing Manager are:
· Execute a Multi-Pronged Marketing Strategy:
o Social Media: Create engaging content, manage social media accounts, and analyze performance metrics to optimize campaigns and increase followership.
o Content Marketing: Execute content marketing strategies to drive traffic, engagement, and conversions on our online learning platform. Create high-quality content, including blog posts, articles, videos, webinars, and other resources.
o Brand Management: Maintain a consistent brand image and voice across all marketing channels. Ensure all marketing collateral, including the website, social media, email campaigns, and other materials, adhere to the brand guidelines and accurately reflect the value proposition of our online learning platform.
· Collaborate with Internal and External Stakeholders:
o Collaborate with Accelerate Institute’s leadership team and startup team to align marketing strategies with business objectives.
o Work with external vendors, agencies, and partners as necessary to execute marketing campaigns and monitor performance.
o Build and maintain communication and engagement strategy for Accelerate Institute alumni.
· Conduct Ongoing Market Research: Conduct market research to identify trends, opportunities, and challenges in the online, on-demand learning space for educators, with a focus on principals and other school leadership team members. Stay updated on industry news, competitors’ marketing strategies, and customer insights to inform marketing decisions and optimize campaigns.
Required Qualifications and Skills
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or other closely related field OR equivalent work experience
· Minimum 5 years of experience in marketing, preferably in the education of edtech industry
· Unwavering commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and Accelerate Institute’s mission of educational equity
· Proven track record of developing and implementing successful marketing strategies, with a focus on social media and content marketing
· Robust understanding of the K-12 public education sector
· Expert relationship builder; able to build relationships with cold, warm, and hot audiences
· Solid understanding of social media platforms, content creation, and engagement tactics or willingness to learn
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to create compelling and engaging content
· Ability to analyze data and metrics to measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and collaborate on data-driven decisions
· Creative thinker with the ability to generate innovative ideas and execute them effectively
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
· Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills
· High tolerance for operating in ambiguity; prior experience as part of a startup team preferred
Salary range: $65,000 - $75,000
Accelerate Institute offers a full benefits package which includes: health and dental insurance; 15 days of vacation; 9 paid holidays with paid days off between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays; a paid floating holiday; paid sick and personal leave; retirement plan options; long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance.
If you are passionate about education, marketing, building an online community for educators, and want to be part of an exciting startup journey, we would love to hear from you. Join our team as the Marketing Manager and help us establish our online, on-demand learning platform as the go-to resource for principals, assistant principals, and emerging teacher leaders nationwide.
The application can be found here: https://www.tfaforms.com/5065023.
For more information on Accelerate Institute, go to www.accelerateinstitute.org.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Accelerate Institute’s vision is that one day all children will thrive in schools that graduate them prepared for the rigors of college/career and a life filled with meaningful work, active citizenship, and personal fulfillment. We recognize that our vision cannot be fulfilled without actively challenging racism and white supremacy; our vision cannot be fulfilled without actively defending the lives of people of color. Accelerate Institute is committed to being an anti-racist and inclusive organization. As such, in 2019, we began partnering with SF-CESS to launch internal DEI programming which includes monthly, all-staff DEI meetings. You can read more about our DEI journey in our Equity Stance.
Accelerate Institute embraces creating and nurturing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive space for all team members. Having a diverse organization aligns with our commitment to an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or other legally protected status. We are also ready to accommodate physically challenged or special needs individuals who require any special assistance. Accelerate Institute is proud of our history of diversity and is a strong supporter of the communities where we work.