American Technology Components, Inc. is an innovative, custom manufacturer providing products and services across multiple industries. This includes manufacturing of Audio/Video Controls, Switch Controls, Electronic Controls, RF Controls, Interior and Exterior 12V Lighting, Wiper Systems and Components, 12V Accessories and Molded Convenience items. We have incorporated our state-of-the-art manufacturing capabilities to produce a high efficiency and controlled manufacturing environment that allows us to produce world class electrical components and circuit board assemblies.
We are looking for an experienced Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in engineering principles and practices, as well as a deep understanding of the latest technologies and trends. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and deploying engineering solutions to meet customer needs. We are looking for someone who is able to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Design, develop and implement software of embedded devices from engineering, manufacturing, and customer requirements.
- Participate in requirements development for new and existing designs
- Integrate and validate new product designs
- Participate in testing products for software and hardware
- Test, verify and document product software functionality
- Integrate software with hardware designers
- Generate software development plans and meet scheduled goals
- Real time debugging of systems and processes of embedded devices
- Work closely with and cross-functional engineers to understand system requirements, and to diagnose software and electrical systems performance issues
- Support other projects as needed by management or as business needs change
- Self-sufficient and capable of operating effectively under tight deadlines without close supervision
- Train new employees as required
- 5+ years of Embedded programming experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science required or 10+ years of experience without.
- Advanced time management skills.
- Extensive experience contributing to new designs and seeing them through to mass production.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to prepare written specifications and contract documents.
- Must have knowledge of electrical engineering and low-level hardware design
- Experience with SPI, I2C, Timers, DMA, DAC, ADC, CAN, LIN, USB
- Experience with RF technologies (e.g., Wi-Fi, Bluetooth Classic & BLE, NFC, ZigBee, etc.)
- Experience with bootloaders, SPI flash, SD, and lightweight file system storage
- Experience with direct LCD control is a plus
- Excellent programming skills, including C, C++, C#
- 8 & 16-bit, and ARM microcontrollers, preference in Atmel & Microchip
- Travel to OEM’s and implement and diagnose code
- Familiarity with scopes, protocol analyzers, software debuggers, logic analyzers, etc
- Familiarity with Atmel Studio & MPLAB
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $105,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Embedded Programming: 5 years (Required)
- Electrical engineering: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person