Leidos is hiring licensed behavioral health professionals to join our MLFC program as Mission Ready Reserve MLFCs to support the state of Californiawith flexibility and availability to provide counseling support locally (<50 miles) with potential to travel for short-term event coverage in periodic, as needed assignments throughout the state.
Join the mission to support U.S. military service members and their families as they work through important military life adjustments while serving their country. The Mission Ready Reserve MFLCs (MRR) team offers a unique opportunity to serve a vital role, based on your availability, in providing counseling services to military children during installation child and youth summer programs and Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) summer school. Dates vary and support the school year calendar.
Specifically, we are looking to identify a Licensed counselor to provide services June 7, 2023 through August 22, 2023 at F.E. Warren Air Force Base.
This posting is for our Mission Ready Reserve team. We are seeking candidates with the flexibility to pick up shifts both locally with potential to travel for short-term event shift coverage. These roles would be as needed, and the duration of the work will vary from 2-3 months or 6-9 months in length.
MRR-MFLCs responsibilities include:
- Face-to-face counseling to military service members and their families (Individual, Couples, Family, and Children).
- Visibility at assignment, supporting military-connected students, parents, and staff.
- Recommending appropriate referrals and handoffs based on your experienced differential clinical skills to military and community resources according to the needs of military service members and their families.
- Offer presentations to address social skills development and social emotional learning that is crucial for childhood early development.
- Promote creativity and positivity through approved materials.
- Build rapport with service members, spouses, and children by attending installation and community events.
- Help children with transition adjustments, such as a new school and a new home.
- Participate in regular in-service training or other contract activities as assigned.
- Communicate information regarding trends and issues at assigned installation to Team Leads.
MRR-MFLCs will also benefit from:
- No insurance to file.
- No progress notes required.
- No treatment plans to develop.
- iPad provided for easy digital reporting, with no PII or PHI.
- Paid federal holidays.
- Free and unlimited behavioral healthcare training.
- Reimbursement for job-related license renewal fees.
- Eligibility to participate in 401K retirement plan.
- Centralized support through a Counseling Center of Excellence that provides best practices, expert speakers, and state-of-the-art resources.
- A Master’s degree or higher in the Behavioral Health Professions (MS/MSW/MA/PhD).
- Licensure to practice at the independent practice level (LCSW, MFT, LPCC, Psychologist) in the state where you provide services.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to pass a basic background check for employment, a Child National Agency Check, and Inquiries (NACI/CNACI) clearance, commonly called a Public Trust clearance.
Pay Range $28/hr. - $50/hr.
Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.