Who We Are:
PlanetArt’s mission is to be the leading online destination for personalized invitations, announcements, home décor and other customized products. We provide consumers with unmatched tools and content and an unparalleled end-to-end customer experience that result in high-quality and meaningful finished products and memorable celebrations of life events. Visit www.planetart.com to learn more.
We are looking for a detail oriented, enthusiastic graphic designer who understands e-commerce with a minimum of 1-2 years of design experience.
The successful candidate will have a portfolio that includes creative work that encompasses digital advertising, print or packaging projects and an understanding of e-commerce. Portfolio work should showcase strong problem-solving skills, unique concepts, and outstanding typography. Creativity and a passion to present unique ideas are highly appreciated. Must possess advanced digital production/retouching skills to succeed in a deadline sensitive environment. Photography and experience with a camera are a plus.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in the development/brainstorming of unique and innovative concepts based on pre-determined business objectives.
- Create high-quality print/digital ads & emails, direct mail pieces & packaging, front-facing graphics, features and UI for websites and apps.
- Assist in in-house photoshoots and selection of stock photography for engaging creative campaigns.
- Assist in the retouching and production of in-house photography.
- Execute non-template projects from start to finish.
- Work closely with the Art Director, copywriters, marketing, and developers to ensure optimal outcome for final materials.
- Collaborate on implementation of website/email marketing A/B tests to increase sales performance and improve customer experience
- Proactively seek necessary information on project requirements to ensure clarity and alignment on timelines, deliverables, and assets.
- Assist the Creative Director and Art Director with the planning and implementation of projects or campaigns.
- B.F.A or B.A. degree in art, communications, or related field.
- Minimum 1-2 years design experience with a portfolio that shows digital & print projects.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your process and execution of good design.
- Excellent typography skills, a great eye for color, layout and details.
- A thorough understanding of branding.
- Expert skills in Adobe Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Advanced digital production skills: Thorough knowledge of all facets of digital art, commercial printing, graphic reproduction, photomanipulation and production techniques.
- Photography, experience with cameras and photo styling a plus.
- Illustration and sketching skills are a plus.
- Experience with Adobe XD or Sketch a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- An ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines with high-quality work.
- Must be a self-motivator, possessing the ability to work effectively with little supervision.
- Understanding of sizing, resolution and compressing of art files for both web and print.
Programs and Tools
Photoshop ExpertIllustrator ExpertInDesignMicrosoft OfficeAdobe XD, Sketch or Figma Knowledge a PlusPremiere Pro or Aftereffects Knowledge a PlusDSLR Camera Knowledge a Plus
The compensation range for this position is $55,000 - $60,000 annual salary.
PlanetArt offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with matching
- Excellent Work/Life Balance - Paid Time Off, Sick Days, Paid Holidays, and Floating Holidays
- Hybrid Office/Home Work Schedule
- Employee Product Discounts