Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product.
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? We have an opportunity for a results-oriented and especially talented embedded software engineer. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day.
Key QualificationsKey Qualifications
- BS and 10+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Ability to architect, code, and integrate firmware for any of our hardware products.
- Excellent programming skills in C and solid understanding of embedded systems design and debugging methodologies and strategies.
- Be able to drive features and initiatives within our engineering team, and with many other teams we work with in the broader engineering organization at Apple. Coordinate with Cross functional teams and be able to successfully manage these features through to launch.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong experience with memory and power constrained micro-controllers and knowledge of ARM architecture.
- Strong experience in RTOS, software development and verification methodology, version control and automation tools.
- Experience with troubleshooting tools (JTAG, SWD, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers).
- Experience in low-pin-count communication buses (I2C or UART or SPI).
- Scripting experience with any of the following Python or Perl or Lua.
In this role, you will apply your technical knowledge to drive features and improvements including:
- Architect, implement, and maintain complex firmware/software designs.
- Write clean, easy to understand, robust, testable, reusable and sustainable code tailored for embedded systems.
- Generate and evaluate functional and design specifications.
- Work with multi-functional teams to determine software architecture and specification to meet the product requirement and user experience.
- Work with project leaders to define assignments, schedules, quality expectations, and other project criteria.
- Present results and recommendations.
- Quickly debug and effectively close out system issues related to the product firmware, software, and systems.
- Participate in the definition and bring up of new custom ICs.
- Develop and maintain various engineering tools used to debug, analyze, and test embedded products.
In addition to the above we are looking for an individual who is comfortable with dynamic requirements, and have excellent interpersonal skills. Success depends on working with multi-functional teams. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You are dedicated with excellent time management skills and can demonstrate creative problem solving.
Education & ExperienceEducation & Experience
BS and 10+ years of relevant industry experience (MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering preferred)
Additional RequirementsAdditional Requirements
Pay & BenefitsPay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $144,500 and $250,000, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.