Do you love crafting sophisticated solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC).
Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that operates Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. We promote innovation and new technology. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple product!
We are seeking a multifaceted engineer to be responsible for driving and coordinating New Product Introduction (NPI) activity for Analog IC devices. You'll partner with multi-functional teams to debug, characterize and root cause diverse failure mechanisms.
Key QualificationsKey Qualifications
- In depth knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing process. Exposure to different package technologies is a plus.
- Solid understanding of Analog, Mixed-Signal, DC and Power IC fundamentals. Exposure to applications with PMIC/PMUs, Display Drivers or Sensors is a plus.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to define ATE characterization test plans, coordinating data collection and performing data analysis across PVT. Experience with ATE development is a plus.
- Direct experience with yield management in high volume manufacturing.
- Solid understanding of GRR analysis, ATE-Bench correlations, guard-banding methodologies and statistics associated with test limit definition.
- Familiar with Product and Package Qualification requirements (HTOL, ESD, LU, etc.)
- Ability to setup DOE to drive root cause of diverse failure mechanisms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Travel is required
- Coordinate New Product Introduction activities for Analog IC devices.
- Define ATE characterization test plans and generate characterization reports.
- Finalize test limits and define guard-bands based on ATE-bench correlations, GRR and PVT characterization results.
- Work with Design and TE to identify potential TTR and yield improvement plans prior to mass production release.
- Support QA and Reliability with diverse Product Qualification requirements (HTOL board design, BI shift analysis, reliability guard-band, etc.)
- Drive GRR analysis and coordinate cross-platform correlation activities.
- Perform statistical data analysis on mass production data sets.
- Work with internal teams to support mass production ramp as needed.
- Support Test Engineering with test program release activities.
- Define turning points and communicate product development schedule on regular basis.
Education & ExperienceEducation & Experience
BS and a minimum of 10+ years of relevant industry experience is required.
Additional RequirementsAdditional Requirements
Pay & BenefitsPay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $150,000 and $269,000, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.