About the Role
Uber Advertising is seeking a media pricing and yield expert to build out and manage our pricing and forecasting practice and advance our advertising yield capabilities and strategy. We need a veteran who can develop new and creative ways to maximize revenue across all our different and growing ad products and solutions.
What You'll Do
- As the lead for our pricing and yield, you will focus on streamlining how we set prices and optimize for yield across all our different ad inventory and targeting solutions
- Inform rate card pricing strategy for direct sold media, including seasonal rates and incentives; analyzing sensitivity by category
- Lead the efforts on inventory forecasting, developing forecasting models to provide visibility of future available inventory that highlights inventory risks easily. Leverage 3rd party tools like Google Ads Manager where appropriate.
- Advance our advertising yield management capabilities with accurate and granular forecasts to further guide pricing, packaging, sales strategy, operational planning and optimizing our advertising yield.
- You will be the point person to leadership about competition and fill rates across different tactics, inventory, geos, etc and provide recommendations on how to solve
- Partner closely with Finance, Audience Strategy, Sales, Revenue Operations, Product and Engineering to identify needs and gaps and share inventory risks. Share out regular updates and build productive and positive relationships across the organization with all cross functional stakeholders.
- 5+ years experience in advertising, marketing, analytics, or a related field
- Experience with media pricing and packaging
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and align on clarity; demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment while managing multiple projects and tight deadlines.
- Experience with SQL
- Experience in new product pricing and creation including forecasting analysis to resolve product viability, possible revenue and recommendations on ad product priorities
- Solid understanding of digital systems including, or similar to: Google Ad Manager, Operative.One, Yield Analytics (formerly Yieldex), Adobe Analytics, Moat, Tableau, SalesForce, Data Warehouse
For New York, NY-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $148,000 per year - $164,000 per year.
For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $148,000 per year - $164,000 per year.
For all US locations, you will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.