Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you can accomplish.
Would you like the stimulation and challenges of building world-class, extraordinary scalable systems that power App Store, Music, TV+, Fitness+, Arcade and many more? Then this is the opportunity for you at Apple! We strive to provide a flawless experience for millions of customers and developers.
The Apple Services Engineering (ASE)Core Services team is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead an outstanding team of Software Engineers that owns, develops, and maintains the online content system that houses all the catalog and editorial metadata used to power our Apple services.
With the online content system being a key player in our stack, you will be central in the development of new features across all Apple Services Engineering services.
Come be part of the incredible team that owns critical infrastructure and drives new features.
Key QualificationsKey Qualifications
- Experience leading complex engineering projects from inception to production.
- Can see the big picture, set a vision, and grow the team and platform in accordance to that vision.
- Enjoys deep technical and product discussions. Has attention to detail and can context switch across multiple projects.
- Can provide hands-on technical leadership, including mentoring, guiding, and motivating the engineers.
- Experience leading and growing a team, including hiring and performance management.
- Excellent communication skills. Can effectively communicate complex ideas and make compelling arguments.
- Effectively collaborate with engineers, product managers, designers, collaborators, partners, etc.
- Hands-on experience working on scalable web services and features that span multi-functional teams.
- Strong analysis skills coupled with a deep understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with NoSQL data stores like Solr, Elastic Search, Redis, Memcached, Cassandra, Voldemort, etc.
- Experience with Java. Any other JVM or functional languages like Clojure is a plus.
You will be working cross functionally with various teams across Apple to deliver really exciting features. You will lead the team that runs the online content system that is central to all of our Apple Services Engineering services. You will work on engineering solutions that combine and enhance NoSQL data stores to push the boundaries of the CAP theorem. You will also work on data modeling solutions to harness the power of the systems in a way that is horizontally scalable.
We're constantly thinking about performance. If you're used to thinking about performance in terms of median, 95th percentile, and 99th percentile, then this is the place for you! If you're not afraid to question assumptions, then this is also the place for you.
If you have a track record of successfully delivering products and features by collaborating with many teams under tight deadlines, then we're definitely looking for you.
Education & ExperienceEducation & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science, plus 10 years minimum experience in related field required.
Additional RequirementsAdditional Requirements
Pay & BenefitsPay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $173,000 and $299,000, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.