Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join Apple’s Cloud Service Infrastructure team as a site reliability engineering manager to help support and scale cloud services for thousands of development and operations engineers. This is a role to establish SRE practices for a private cloud service to accelerate our ability to reliably and consistently deliver thousands of applications.
Key QualificationsKey Qualifications
- 3+ years experience building and leading technical teams
- Strong emphasis on SRE as an engineering discipline with a focus on automation
- Superb interpersonal skills, capable of working with multi-functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management
- Experience of load balancing and proxying, software defined networking, or the Linux networking stack is not necessary, but beneficial
- Proficient in at least one programming language, such as Golang, Rust or Python
- Experience building and operating large scale distributed systems is not necessary but, beneficial
- Experience of operating Kubernetes is not necessary but, beneficial
As a Traffic SRE Manager you will be responsible for providing secure, scalable connectivity between workloads, services and clusters to provide our customers with the tools they need to build new products. You should expect to be in the details technically, but also be focussed on providing your team with the environment they need to do their best work.
We maintain a secure networking layer under internal and consumer-facing applications, providing transparent encryption and authorization across all traffic flows within and across datacenters. We also maintain a load balancing and proxying tier at our cluster boundaries for cross service scalability and availability. Our services are based on a mix of internal solutions and well known open source projects.
The successful candidate will be highly self-motivated with a passion for excellence, quality and detail. You and your team will not only support operations, but also work closely with the developers and architects within Apple Cloud Services to aid in the design and assist with the implementation to improve stability, security and scalability. Your team will embody the "Startup" mentality; fostering a strong entrepreneurial spirit. If you have a better solution to a problem; document a strategy for improvement, advocate for your strategy through persuasion and socialization efforts, then carry it through to completion. Good ideas are heard and results are rewarded.
Education & ExperienceEducation & Experience
Additional RequirementsAdditional Requirements
Pay & BenefitsPay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $155,500 and $269,000, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.