Robert Half is currently working with a client seeking a Principal Cloud Native Software Engineer to play a leading role on a team focused on the development of software used in Software as a Service (SaaS) applications. This person analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements. Using common programming languages, the software engineer will write code, complete programming, and perform testing and debugging of applications. You will also complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May define system requirements and/or necessary modifications with other users. Experience in object-oriented design, coding, performance tuning, and unit testing. Knowledge of logical data modeling. The role will be about 75% development and 25% system management and support. This person must have strong communication and team building skills and be able to participate in software design discussions and guide the architecture of the solution based on good object oriented design concepts, and both industry standard patterns and Microsoft best practices.
How you will make an impact
- Strong grasp on scripting library tools.
- Transforms business requirements to conceptual solution architecture and high-level project estimates.
- Comfortable developing software utilizing open-source languages.
- Relational Database experience.
- Prior experience creating and managing web services.
- Develops, changes, and executes Software as a Service (SaaS) hosted applications according to business requirements.
- Able to manage time well
- Completes proper unit testing and software code written (including automated unit testing)
- Participates in peer code reviews
- Research, extraction and entry of complex data
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software
- Complete such other duties as may be assigned by management
- Logical data modeling design and implementation skills
- Reviews technical requirements, ensuring compliance with business requirements
- Correct application and knowledge of standards and techniques used during the Software Development Life Cycle process (SDLC, security)
- Object oriented design, coding, performance tuning, and unit testing
- May work on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously with various team members and/or other groups both internally and externally