The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year to cover maternity leave. Employment location will be Bonn, Germany.
The aim of Welthungerhilfe's "Skill Up!" program is to strengthen the employability of vulnerable young people in the field of (non-formal) vocational training in order to increase their chances of earning an adequate income and to improve their quality of life. Skill Up! serves as a pilot program and has been implemented in various anglophone countries in the past. As of March 2022, the program has been scaled to francophone countries as well (Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Mali, and Central African Republic). With a duration until 2026, the Skill Up! proram will also be implemented in fragile contexts and contribute to the further development of the specific Skill Up! approach while respecting quality standards. As Expert Skill Up! for the francophone countries, you will work in close coordination with the Expert Skill Up! for the anglophone countries in order to ensure coherence and synergies within the program coordination of this project.
- Technical coordination and support of the Country Offices and partner organizations in the implementation of the francophone Skill Up! program
- Coordination of activities according to logframe as well as monitoring of schedules and milestones
- Concept development in the area of skills development in fragile contexts, as well as the thematic further development of the Skill Up! approach, including the development of relevant technical papers
- Documentation and systematization of lessons learned and compilation of thematic briefings and best practices
- Active support of knowledge and experience exchange between francophone and anglophone Skill Up! projects
- Establishment and maintenance of a francophone Skill Up! community of practice, including a common knowledge management platform and document storage (via MS Teams / O365)
- Monitoring and reporting on the progress of the Skill Up! program, including cross-departmental collaboration within Welthungerhilfe (Marketing Communications, DON, PER)
- Reporting to donors by preparing reports and presentations
- General project management activities including oversight of administrative and financial processes and general administration via ProMIS
- A university or polytechnic degree in the field of (vocational or adult) education, (labour market) sociology, economics or similar
- Solid work experience in vocational education and labour market integration
- Professional experience in project and/or program management, as well as in technical consulting and support of projects in development cooperation
- Experience working with civil society partner organizations in countries of the Global South, preferably in African countries (and fragile contexts) desirable
- Proven ability to design and facilitate exchange formats between different countries
- Basic knowledge of MEAL (logframe, indicator tracking, evaluation) with a focus on education processes
- Very good command of written and spoken English and French; knowledge of German would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by May 24, 2023 by following this link. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.