The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with a contract duration of two years. Employment location will be Bonn or Berlin, Germany. Employment location in Monrovia or Addis Abeba is also possible. Multiple trips to Liberia or Ethiopia for shorter assignments between 2 and 12 weeks at a time are foreseen.
As Junior Expert Sustainability in our Logistics & Internal Services Unit, you will drive sustainability as a priority topic at Welthungerhilfe and manage topic-relevant measures across all organisational areas of action. Welthungerhilfe has taken the first steps towards more organizational sustainability. A strategy has been developed and first initiatives towards more sustainability are being realized. You will support the implementation of that strategy and further develop your personal skill set by coordinating and monitoring cross-functional projects within our organisation.
- Further develop Welthungerhilfe's sustainability strategy and drive its implementation
- Maintain an overview of existing sustainability initiatives at all levels and network them to identify overlaps and leverage synergies
- Independently take over interdisciplinary and cross-functional projects covering a wide range of sustainability related topics and monitor the progress of ongoing projects
- Report regularly on the progress of the organisation's sustainability efforts
- Prepare presentations as well as operational and strategic decision templates
- Serve as an internal consultant/sparring partner on sustainability related issues
- Be the focal point for third parties involved in Welthungerhilfe's sustainability actions (e.g. external consultants, software provider etc.)
- Compile and publish Welthungerhilfe's sustainability reports, including related correspondence
- Representation of Welthungerhilfe in networks on the subject of sustainability
- Communicate and report Welthungerhilfe's sustainability efforts to our stakeholders
- A university or polytechnic degree in a sustainability-related field or experience in sustainability or relevant professional background
- Initial experience with ESG reporting according to relevant standards and regulations (e.g. Global Reporting Initiative)
- Strong communication skills and service orientation
- Creativity and experience in sustainability communication, skills in content creation for different audiences
- Pragmatic, structured and independent working style, ability to work in a small team
- Ability and confidence to present in front of high-level audiences and stakeholders
- Ability to work in an intercultural environment and collaborate with colleagues from other countries and cultures
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe's programme countries
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and good French language skills
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by May 28, 2023. Your contact person is Nawid Ketabi. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.