Job DescriptionThe Cyber SIGNIT & Solutions Operation at Leidos currently has an opening for a Software Engineer Intern in Columbia, MD.
The candidate will be responsible for performing the software engineering function, including the design, development, testing, troubleshooting, and debugging of software programs for enhancements and new software-intensive systems and products. Applies appropriate principles, standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the software development life cycle. Duties include software requirements analysis, analysis of ha
rdware compatibility, development of software products and tools used for design, development and maintenance of infrastructure, and platforms.
- Works on day-to-day objectives with limited impact beyond the scope of own work area/ project team.
- Works under supervision on complex projects/ assignments.
- Solves routine technical problems following established procedures and policies.
- Develops products, solutions, processes using basic principles, theories, and concepts within own technical specialty.
- Communicates with peers to explain facts, basic analysis, processes and practices related to area.
- Requires basic knowledge of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of narrow technical domain.
- High school education or equivalent, and currently enrolled in a bachelor's degree program at the Junior/Senior level in an Engineering field (Systems or Computer Engineering Preferred)
- Eligible for Top Secret Security Clearance with Polygraph
- US Citizenship required
- Enthusiasm and an interest in contributing to projects that are important to operational programs.
- Some experience with Linux and software development.
- Some development experience with one or more relevant programming languages (e.g., C, C++, Java, python, Golang or Rust etc.).
- A strong interest in figuring out how things work and understanding them at a fundamental level.
- Interest in containerization (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes) and Virtualization (KVM, ESXi) and Cloud technologies (AWS, GCP).
- Interest in fundamental networking implementations and concepts.
- Interest in network design, protocol analysis & troubleshooting tools and techniques.
- Interest in networking and protocol-oriented programing and algorithms.
- Interest in Machine Learning applied to real tactical problems.
Pay Range $44,200.00 - $68,000.00 - $91,800.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.