Gibbs & Cox, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is the largest independent naval architecture and marine engineering firm in the United States. Since our founding in 1929, 24 classes of combatants and nearly 7,000 vessels have been built to Gibbs & Cox designs. We proudly support military and commercial clients in the U.S. and internationally with all phases of marine design, construction, and lifecycle management. Our passion is solving our customers’ 21st century maritime challenges with quality and integrity.
Currently we are searching for a Full-time Experienced Surface Warfare Deck Operations Officer to support Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) training and readiness in Mayport, FL.
- Develops; organizes; and conducts navigation, seamanship, and professional ship handling training and educational programs for personnel assigned to USS FREEDOM (LCS-1) Class Littoral Combat Ships.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert and training advisor to train LCS-1 sailors in LCS-1 deck and well deck operations, underway replenishment operations, Rigid Inflatable Boat (RIB) operations, boat handling and employment, and launch, recovery operations.
- Support the Train to Qualify (T2Q) and Train to Certify (T2C) process utilizing shore-based trainer requiring dynamic training and assessment of watchstanders during integrated scenarios.
- Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
- Provides pimary instruction in LCS-1 Capstone, LCS-1 Crew Certification Training and LCS-1 Deck Operations courses of instruction.
- Additional duties would include serving as Launch, Recovery and Handling System (LRHS) virtual training system operator and Virtual-Ship (V-Ship) training system operator.
- This SME position carries a high level of exposure, and commands focus, flexibility, and the desire to continuously learn from each of their fellow team members. If this describes you, we urge you to apply today!
- Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years US Navy surface warfare combat systems/platform experience with carriers, DDGs, CGs, LCS, large deck, smaller amphibious ships or land based test sites. Experience as an Operator Supervisor or Maintenance Technician desired.
- U.S. Citizenship and Active Secret Security Clearance are desired.
- Ability to write clear, concise, and easily readable technical correspondence to document reviews of technical recommendations following technical reviews and collating of comments.
- Articulate in oral and written presentations; possess high organizational skills and the ability to multi-task to meet deadlines.
- Experience working dynamic programs with fluctuating scope and integrated coordination of multiple engineering disciplines.
- Possess an understanding of US Navy system architecture across logical, functional, hardware, software components.
- Possess operational knowledge of US Navy combatants, weapon systems, and threats.
- Additionally, must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with the team and customers.
- Two (2) years experience’ with Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is preferred.
- A formal degree or the combination of education, technical certifications, training or work/military experience supporting engineering or analysis experience is always a plus.
- B.S. or Advanced Degree in engineering, analysis, or related discipline desired but not required.
- Experience as a Boatswains Mate with well-deck or waterborne mission zone (WMZ) operations experience
- RIB Coxswain qualification
- Experience with training and readiness of Navy vessels
- Master Training Specialist
Pay Range $48,750.00 - $75,000.00 - $101,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.