The Aviation Maintenance and Sustainment (AMS) Division of Leidos has openings for A&P Mechanics located in El Paso TX. The job of the A&P Mechanic is to maintain aircraft in accordance with OEM specifications and FAA regulations. The diversity of working conditions ranges from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc. The A&P Mechanic may be required to work in areas where high noise hazards, exposure to fumes, airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards exist.
- Perform duties within the hangar facility and aircraft movement area in a safe manner.
- Interpret and follow technical publications including basic schematic diagrams, drawings, charts, and instructions.
- Perform daily pre and post flight inspections.
- Service aircraft fuel/oil/hydraulic/oxygen/nitrogen systems
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance, inspection, troubleshooting and repair.
- Perform rigging of engine, propeller, flight, and landing gear systems
- Troubleshoot malfunctioning mechanical, electrical and avionics systems and provide effective solution.
- Document work performed on appropriate forms and in electronic systems acceptable to the administrator.
- Provide signature of certification of the work performed.
- Maintain aircraft appearance and cleanliness.
- Submit daily, weekly, or monthly reports as required.
- “Clean as you go” in the work area and follow all safety rules.
- Work hours may be adjusted for operational requirements.
- Perform all required training assigned in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor/Lead Mechanic
- Must be a US Citizen
- Possess a current US civilian driver's license.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Hold a valid and current FAA A&P certification.
- Successfully complete the DoT drug test to determine the presence of illegal or un-prescribed controlled substances.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret level security clearance
- Experience with Bombardier Global series aircraft or similar.
- Current/Active DoD Secret level security clearance or higher
Pay Range $53,300.00 - $82,000.00 - $110,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.