About the Role
At Uber, we believe that providing the highest quality support is a core feature of our product experience. Community Support Specialists are empathetic and skilful communicators who resolve issues and answer questions for our valued customers. They are always looking for unique and exciting ways to help others, solve problems, and improve future experiences. Customer Support Specialists make magic, turning unhappy users into our most passionate evangelists!
What You’ll Do
- Resolve high volume of customer contacts through various support modalities which may include inbound and outbound calls, email, chat, and tickets
- Investigate case details to determine the root cause of issues
- Learn and master multiple applications and resources including contact management systems and knowledge bases
- Communicate quickly and effectively to internal and external stakeholders
- Triage and escalate urgent issues in order to drive them to resolution
- Complete thorough documentation and notation on customer contacts and trends
- Provide feedback to leadership and program teams regarding processes and trends
What You’ll Need
Good knowledge of English (written and spoken)
Currently living in Lisbon or willing to move
Availability to work in rotating shifts from Monday to Sunday
High proficiency using computers (typing, quickly navigating between various tools)
Exceptional reading comprehension and writing skills. Able to connect what users are asking for with answers to their true issues
Passion for helping others and crafting support experiences that exceed users expectations
Ability to troubleshoot problems and find speedy resolutions.
Customer empathy – You have a deep understanding of the user experience and the ability to resolve customer support requests in thoughtful and creative ways
Strong written and verbal communication skills – You are an effective communicator and listener, and you adapt easily to varied communication methods
Collaboration – You value teamwork and contribute to a synergistic work environment where people learn from one another
Strategic problem solving – You can use multiple resources to advise and support critical decisions
Excellent organisation – You effectively prioritise work to target the highest-impact issues first
Optimism – You are motivated by a challenge, and you approach problems with a positive attitude
Ability to remain calm under pressure — You troubleshoot problems and find speedy resolutions in high-pressure, time-sensitive situations
Desire to learn – You’re a highly motivated self-starter with an eagerness to learn and grow, and you are receptive to feedback
High flexibility – When the only constant is change, you’re ready to roll with the punches
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Support experience in a fast pace environment, such as service industries, retail, or hospitality
- Crisis counseling experience
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
*Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.