One of Robert Half's Fortune 100 Software clients is hiring a UX researcher for a long-term project based in Redmond, WA. In this role, you will leverage your skills in mixed methods research to guide near and long-term product experience investments. You will work closely with UX Designers, other user researchers, product managers, data science, and engineering teams to ensure that we are addressing the most critical user needs and opportunities.
We are especially excited about candidates who want to learn, grow, and embody new ways of working. If you embrace growth mindset, have a record of accomplishment of delivering results, and you light up collaborating with other researchers, designers, product managers and engineers this is an awesome team to join.
- Drive research and UX practices that ensure diversity, equity and inclusion in our product making decisions
- Build and execute impactful research plans and activities that provide broad market views and deep customer insights needed to inform the product making process
- Derive insights from quantitative and qualitative data, complementing other research that you will conduct on your own or in partnership with other researchers
- Continuously inform an engineering roadmap using customer data (qualitative and quantitative). Key to this accountability will be identifying gaps and customer pain points, as well as potential customer delighters.
- Land impact broadly from your customer-focused knowledge by working across engineering, design and marketing disciplines
Skills and experience:
- 5+ years of hands-on research and/or product planning experience, with demonstrated skill in collecting and analyzing human behavioral data to improve plans and UX in a technology industry setting
- An advanced degree in HCI (human-computer interaction), market research, human factors, psychology, or a related field with a strong emphasis on research techniques and understanding humans / designing technology to meet their needs, or a BA/BS in one of these fields with significant industry experience
- You are eager to learn and understand about user audiences, their behaviors, context(s) and motivations – across all phases of the customer lifecycle and user journey
- Can demonstrate strong empathy for these users while balancing the vision and constraints of stakeholders
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment that requires independent time management, task prioritization, and flexibility
- Track record of operating independently, embracing ambiguity, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner
- Experience building relationships with peers and stakeholders