Title: Senior Network Architect
Location: San Jose, CA
Technology Top Skills: Cisco, Palo Alto Firewalls and Security, Azure
Robert Half is looking for a Senior Network Architect in San Jose. The Network Architect will provide strategic guidance for architectural design, executes towards the strategy of the deployment and planning for that design, and supports the current and future platforms, systems, and cloud environments. Apply for this position today if you think you are a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills who enjoys a fast-paced, team-driven environment. Submit your application for this exciting opportunity!
· Provides a strong architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability and scalability for the organization’s network requirements.
· Collaborates with teams and departments to assess near- and long-term network and systems capacity needs, and/or enhancements to improve network and system infrastructure to support the digital transformation to the cloud.
· Proactively assesses the overall design and network needs of the organization. Provides future planning of all aspect of the WAN/LAN.
· Works with the Network operations team to ensure compliance on all updates and upgrades.
· Implements firewall and core switching configuration changes as needed to support new platform connections. This includes updating firewall rules, establishing or configuring Virtual Private
· Networks (VPN), updating routing tables, creating Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN), and troubleshooting network routing and connectivity issues.
· Designs and deploys company Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), Software Defined Networks (SDNs), Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), telephony and wireless networks, including servers, routers, switches, and other hardware to fulfill business objectives.
· Works with hardware vendors as needed to troubleshoot, upgrade or replace server or network hardware.
· Utilizes best practices in maintenance of the network, servers, telephony and the platform, ensuring overall security. Partners with the Cyber Security Team in multiple aspects of this work and participates in audit remediation processes, as required.
· Creates and maintains technical and user documentation, network diagrams as project artifact and knowledge share with peers/members of Platform and Telephony Services Team.
· Monitors and tests network performance and provides network performance statistics and reports to management.
7+ years’ experience working with network, server and telecom technologies with a primary focus in network Engineering or administration on an Enterprise Class Network.
7+ years’ experience in maintaining Datacenter networks, network security, internet connectivity/infrastructure design, load-balancing technologies, and publicly available services.
Hands-on experience as a network administrator with the following equipment/technologies: Cisco Sourcefire firewalls, Cisco routers and switches, Palo Alto Networks Firewalls, Cisco DNAC ISE, and Meraki
Hands-on experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS.
Strong understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends, and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus).
Exposure to Cloud Technologies, Office 365, Azure, AWS or Similar.
**For immediate consideration please apply here and connect with Nadia Jimenez on LinkedIn