Robert Half is hiring! We are looking for a Jr. Data Migration Consultant to join our team! If you feel your background is a fit, apply today!
The position is responsible for developing and executing data migration related programs and processes. Solid relational database concepts, good SQL and Python scripts skills, patience, and an attention to detail are the key factors to be successful in this role. The development of the data migration scripts will be guided by senior team members. The execution of the data migration process (Extraction, Transformation, Load) will be performed independently and proactively after initial training. The resolution of the data migration issues will be guided by senior team members.
Duties/ Responsibilities: List the essential job duties that are specific to the position, including technical responsibilities.
• Work on assigned tasks with other Information Management team members, ETL developers, data analysts, business SMEs and consultants to identify and document requirements/specifications for transformation.
• Develop data migration scripts. This includes converting existing programs developed in Python language to SQL-centric scripts and developing new scripts as needed.
• Analyze the error messages encountered during the execution of data migration processes. For data format/type issues, update the scripts to fix it. For business rules related issues, consult with senior team members immediately to derive solutions.
• Fully understand the data migration process and relationship and dependency of each step.
• Be able to multitask during the execution of data migration to expedite the execution of data migration without idling.
• Develop detailed step-by-step documentation to document the errors encountered, resolutions, and precise steps to execute data migration.
• Document all issues encountered. Track and resolve all issues encountered in the documentation.
• Coordinate and execute the end-to-end process test runs.
• Work with Technical and business SMEs to ensure that transformed data is accurate and conforms to all appropriate business rules and requirements.
• Maintains the privacy and confidentiality of data throughout the entire ETL pipeline.
• Works with project management staff to define and meet transformation milestones and commitments.
• Work Independently. Exhibit a high level of initiative and autonomy.
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills to effectively communicate at all levels with clients
• Other duties as assigned to support Information Management activities.
• This position requires proficiency in the Microsoft suite of products.
• Must be willing and able to learn new tools.
• Limited weekend and/or night work may be required.
• Willing to travel to corporate headquarter in Eatontown NJ for training and other work assignments.
• Must be able to pass suitability requirements.
• Must be willing to complete background checks and drug tests as required by current or future contracts.
SQL, Python, SQL Queries, Data Migration