Position: Community Director
Reports to: Portfolio Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt or Exempt
The Community Director (CD) is responsible for the overall operations of the community including, but not limited to, leading, guiding, and motivating onsite team, team development, monitoring financial, staff, and operational performance, resident relations, community aesthetics, and managing third-party service providers. This position ensures alignment with company expectations of service standards and meeting revenue and expense targets. The CD will ensure all property staff comply with company employment and safety practices and local and federal laws and regulations. Supervises areas including the strategic, financial, and operational management of the property, optimizing net operating income through strict adherence of New Standard Equities’ policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares budget and monthly reports.
- Recruits, hires, mentors and manages community staff.
- Manages the month-end accounting process.
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting of operational distribution reports.
- Develops and manages all financials and revenue goals, including budget, in accordance with financial key metrics.
- Provides monthly analysis and explanation of variances.
- Coordinates resident move-ins/move-outs, as well as, approves and executes all leases.
- Enforces terms and conditions of the lease, including court appearances/testimonies.
- Negotiates/Manages/Facilitates service providers to ensure top quality work is performed in compliance of the contract and in a timely manner.
- Proactively resolves resident requests and issues.
- Ensures the highest level of customer experience is provided by shadowing sales, office and maintenance team members to identify areas of opportunity.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Manages accounts receivable to ensure timely collection of rent by following company policy for non-payment and provide monthly accounts receivable comments.
- Ensures all legal paperwork and actions are in process by working independently or with legal or accounting departments.
- Reviews and provides approvals for invoices; ensures all team approvals have been managed within their own established thresholds.
- Prepares and presents business plan results to senior leadership.
- Directs responsibility for assigned team responsibilities include training, coaching, recognition, performance management and career development; including annual appraisals and development plans. Holds team meetings, including daily huddles, to foster communication and collaboration amongst the team.
- Prepares, reviews, and understands respective market area, which includes having knowledge of competitive properties, local business conditions, and any other conditions that have an impact on the operation of the properties.
- Other duties as required.
About the Organization:New Standard Equities is a leading vertically integrated real estate investment management firm that specializes in the acquisition and operation of multifamily properties located throughout the Western U.S. New Standard Equities is guided by a set of principles that govern how we conduct ourselves in every aspect of the business to ensure we meet our objective of providing an ideal living experience for our residents that is Just Right Living. We are a company of self-starters who strive towards delivering on our mission of providing Just Right Living for the individuals and families that choose to call our properties home. To achieve our objective of providing Just Right Living, we perform at every level of the organization with integrity and are driven toward continuous learning and improvement on the job, to deliver on our promise of Excellence at Every Level of the organization. We are motivated to solve problems creatively in our approach and think out of the box to deliver exceptional results. We value collaboration and view teamwork as vital to the success of the organization by building genuine relationships with co-workers and residents through effective communication and follow through. We are customer service focused by demonstrating care as an organization and at every level and in every position.
Skills and mindset essential for success:
- Customer-service focus
- Effective communication and follow through
- Motivation to solve problems creatively
- Builds genuine relationships with co-workers and residents
- Driven toward continuous learning and improvement on the job
This position directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, residents, investors, executive management, or employees of the company.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook, Yardi, and internet software. Understanding of Compliance Depot, OnSite, and other industry related software preferred.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university; and more than five years related experience and/or training in multifamily industry and more than one year as Community Manager; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Active state real estate license strongly preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job,
Associated topics: chief, chief administrative officer, chief executive officer, chief financial officer, director of finance, executive, executive director, provost, senior associate, vice president